Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used super atv power steering kit off a totaled low mile 850hl. I’m going to be putting it on my 19 850sp. Has anyone installed one of these kits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,402 Posts
I have. I impressed with the build quality.

·
8,717 Posts
Yep, put one on my old 800 a few years ago and like it better than most OEM steering.
You can download installation instructions from the Superatv website.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yep, put one on my old 800 a few years ago and like it better than most OEM steering.
I have a line on a kit for the XPs and trying to figure out if it will fit an older 800. Any ideas on where to look?

·
8,717 Posts
I have a line on a kit for the XPs and trying to figure out if it will fit an older 800. Any ideas on where to look?
All I'd know to do is look at Superatv's website and the instruction sheets and try to determine what the differences might be. The steering units are the same. The primary differences would be the mounting brackets and steering post parts. There are actually two different XP kits according to model and year.
Below are links to the regular Sportsman and one of the XP kits. Not sure which XP kit you're talking about though.
If you get them both open you can switch back and forth to see the differences.
You might contact Superatv about getting just the parts you need to mount on your 800.
Keep us updated.

https://www.superatv.com/amfile/file/download/file_id/4696/product_id/4305/

https://www.superatv.com/amfile/file/download/file_id/2110/product_id/467/

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
I'd call SATV and ask if the wiring is the same in HL and SP model . also might have different mounting plate.? your best is to talk to SATV > :nerd
P.S> 09 xp850 has different mounting plate and battery location than 2015 xp 850 so the wiring was little different in my case...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts