Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at replacing my broken Polaris 2500 lb winch with a 3500 Superwinch, will the wiring match up without any changes and will the current mount work? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I would think it would bolt right up. The bolt pattern on winches/mounts are pretty universal.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I would see if you can find a blueprint that shows dimensions of the actual winches. The Terra 35 is the biggest winch that can fit on an 850. Mine has no extra room inside the mount and I've seen pics of other peoples mounts that look smaller or more compact than mine. If it were me I would replace all the wiring and solenoids with new. Everything is fresh that way and you have no concerns of miss-matched electrical scenarios. I don't understand electrical components very well though, so I'm more cautious of that stuff. Remember a Superwinch 3500 comes with a wired remote as well that is a nice feature.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
it seems the bigger the winch the heavier the power cables....I had a older warn on my 500ho...then warm came out with a new kit bigger power cables and winch control to give the winch full potential..but they wanted to charge for it..129.00....so I just got a new one...but the bigger the power cable the less strain on battery....it has to do with the draw...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts