Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting one of these two winches, I was wondering if there was a preference on here? Also I here the Tera is bigger, is there a fitment issue on new sportsmans?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I love my Terra 3500SR, it is serving me very well. The synthetic rope is worth every penny; especially when it comes to hauling out your line. It installed on my rig with no fitment issues for me! Not saying it wasnt tight.... I have about 1/4"-3/8" gap between the atv frame and the free spool/ lock "knob". But that hasnt been an issue thus far.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I also have a Superwinch Terra 3500. I love it. Its been reliable and strong.
I too, use synthetic. I have '12 500 HO and i didn't have fitment issues either.

seabee78

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the Terra 35SR off Amazon for $280 this morning.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Very cool. Post up your thoughts on it once installed. I just put the steel cable Terra 35 on mine. I thought install went pretty well all in all. I love how they color coded the wires to receptacles. I purchased it from Amazon as well. Cheapest I could find it. I think I paid around $180 for mine. I will likely put it to use this weekend. Depending on weather, will be heading for some snowy mountain terrain.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I love my terra 35, I went with the cable (cheaper). Fitment wasn't an issue one the 850 XP, only problem was the in and out were reversed on mine in the instructions. Not really a problem if this happens, just switch them on the solenoid.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good Show! Hope you like your new winch :)

I love my terra 35, I went with the cable (cheaper). Fitment wasn't an issue one the 850 XP, only problem was the in and out were reversed on mine in the instructions. Not really a problem if this happens, just switch them on the solenoid.
I had the same issue too. So I did just the same to fix it. Weird though eh?

·
Registered
668 Posts
I put a ProMark Offroad 3500 with a steel cable on my RZR. It was real cheap like $169.99 shipped with a mounting plate. (They matched their ebay price over the phone). I only needed it once and it worked fine. Just another option to consider.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts