Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so this summer I put a 1982 Honda cb750 motorcycle motor in my 02 trailblazer 250 frame because it just wasn't fast enough. I have got in all built now but the only thing I am working on is carb issues. Anyways, since this motor and the frame supports I did are so heavy the shocks are always slightly flexed. What I would like to know is if any one knows a pair of shocks that I can get that would bolt up to the 4wheeler or would require little fab work to hook up. The 4wheeler has the capability of doing 100mph and I might be jumping it some and would feel a lot safer with stiffer shocks. If anyone has suggestions please let me know

-Luke

Attachments

·
10,595 Posts
Whoa!! That rig should be a bad a$$ hombre. I'd probably try to go with some larger tires and HD springs to help support the extra weight. I don't know about jumping it though...with the extra weight it might tend to break stuff. Have you weighed it to see how much extra you have?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoa!! That rig should be a bad a$$ hombre. I'd probably try to go with some larger tires and HD springs to help support the extra weight. I don't know about jumping it though...with the extra weight it might tend to break stuff. Have you weighed it to see how much extra you have?
Yea I have kinda rethought jumping it! But It will be for street use and trails. It should beable to pop a wheelie and when I come down I'm worried about the shocks blowing or it breaking something. I have looked into it and it's possible for me to make it street legal! I will need DOT tires for it so when I get around to legalizing I will get new tires.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Heavier springs are what you want.
The spring supports & carries the load, the shock dampens the spring's movement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts