Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:nixweiss:
Hey,
I am fairly new to ATV's and haven't been on here in a while. I have been having some wheeler suspension issues, so I'm hoping you folks can point me in the right direction for help. I bought an 05 Sportsman 700efi. The suspension seems like it's at the end of its life. The rear end is really soft (even with the springs turned to the stiffest setting). I can literally push the rear end almost to the bottom of suspension travel and I definitely notice the handling is poor. I'm not the most mechanically inclined although I'm not the worst either. A friend of mine told me it could be I need new struts and springs. Any suggestions? I can answer any questions you all have to help diagnose it. Thanks in advance.
Dan

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
434 Posts
id recommend highlifter hd spring youll notice a huge difference no matter what kind of riding you do i bought the polaris front hd springs and my back end started sagging and decided to go with highlifter and have bean more then happy with the results

·
Registered
619 Posts
I like the stock ride, so I probably wouldn't choose to go w/ HD springs. A lot of people love the ride of the HD springs though. You might want to see if you can find some used springs that someone took off of their machine when they went for HD springs or a lift kit. There's gotta be some people on here with the OEMs sitting in their garage collecting dust.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Different set up but we found new like pulls on Ebay for a fraction of new price that worked well for us. Getting the old off can be a chore we learned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts