Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got stuck in the river at about midnight and it was 13 degrees. Not a good idea to be out there I know lol. Well ended up getting out but the only thing sticking out of the water was the headlight pod. Luckily it killed itself before any water got in the oil. Well we pushed it up into the truck and got it home. Girlfriend got sick and wasn't able to get to it the next day. Well started looking at it and the battery was dead after we got it out since it sat there with the lights on. The air box had about an inch block of ice in it and I'm assuming the belt box is the same. The boot plug had some ice on top of the plug and looks like there is a little ice on the piston. I guess the best plan is to let everything thaw then start fluid changes. Also it was throwing 520193-7 as the error code. Any thoughts on this? Thanks a lot guys.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
pull every drain plug you can and let her warm up. I'd try and do it in a heated shop to speed everything up. waiting for the ice to melt will likely lead to pretty bad rust internally.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the piston is frozen in place. I tried to turn it over with the plug out and it blew a ton of water out of the cylinder but didn't turn over. Would the piston being frozen cause it to move just a hair and not allow it to go back and forth? I've got my heater on in the garage but never had to deal with this kind of cold before this winter.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
wait till it warms up before trying to turn it ..I hope you did not get any water in some places and it froze and expanded AND CRACK SOMETHING.......but I would spray some Rust buster in the cylinder..its thin and can creep down coating the walls since you had water in there...prevent a snapped ring if rust present...when its warm turn it over slowly....best way is by the fly wheel,,that way you will feel any abnormalties....or the clutch end also....slow and easy....

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Yeah get that thing heated up really good before you mess with it further

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, turned the heater on in the garage and it's starting to melt. Also put some pb blaster type stuff in the cylinder. I didn't see any obvious signs of cracking but did notice that when I sprayed the blaster into the cylinder some came out of what looks like a weep hole on the aft end of the cylinder jug. Is this normal :( it's killing me not being able to work on it until it's thawed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts