Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed an led light on my bumper on the 570 and I wanted to mount the switch in the hole where the choke lever would usually be. Can any of you guys who have done this tell me what switch you used and if you mounted it through the rubber plug or not? Every switch I've tried so far seems to be too small for the hole when the rubber is removed. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
[/URL][/IMG]
The right switch will fit right in where the rubber plug went..

·
Registered
238 Posts
Then why don't you inform him and us what the "right" switch is instead of leaving us hanging?

·
Registered
130 Posts
When I mounted my switch, I removed the rubber plug where the choke went and replaced it with a large stainless fender washer painted black. The hole in the finder washer fit the switch that I used perfectly and required no mods on the 570. As for the switch, I used the one pictured below that I picked up from Auto Zone, without the on/off label plate. I'll try to take a picture tomorrow; it made for a very clean, professional install.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
why are you relocating the choke?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
He's not..... he has a 570, which is EFI. So no choke, but has the stock location with a dumby plug in it's place. Just like the 800 models. It's a great spot for a switch.... looks factory if done right, with a round switch!! :fing02:

·
Registered
238 Posts
He's not..... he has a 570, which is EFI. So no choke, but has the stock location with a dumby plug in it's place. Just like the 800 models. It's a great spot for a switch.... looks factory if done right, with a round switch!! :fing02:
Thank you for the link.

·
Registered
130 Posts
When I mounted my switch, I removed the rubber plug where the choke went and replaced it with a large stainless fender washer painted black. The hole in the finder washer fit the switch that I used perfectly and required no mods on the 570. As for the switch, I used the one pictured below that I picked up from Auto Zone, without the on/off label plate. I'll try to take a picture tomorrow; it made for a very clean, professional install.

Pictures added:

With rubber boot pulled back for better view.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Pictures added:

With rubber boot pulled back for better view.

Looks great! I am assuming the washer is held in place by the switch being larger than the opening then pulling the washer against the plastic housing? Or did you use two washers - one on inside another on outside?

Thanks, Mitch

·
Registered
42 Posts
Has anyone wired in a light bar to the stock high beam switch? I'm thinking of doing the 3 headlight mod and wiring the light bar to come on when I hit the high beams. Seems possible, or am I missing something?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't see why you couldn't if you use a relay. I may try and do the same thing on mine.

Kris

·
Registered
130 Posts
[/QUOTE]

Looks great! I am assuming the washer is held in place by the switch being larger than the opening then pulling the washer against the plastic housing? Or did you use two washers - one on inside another on outside?

Thanks, Mitch[/QUOTE]

Mitch, you're 100% correct; the switch is larger than the hole.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts