Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if i change brands, would this cause any problems?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
people will stop waving at you.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
could be grease think no matter what it is ur better off not changing

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry,the query is about engine oil, and from polaris brand to any other brand(amsoil, mobil 1, etc.). My bike is a polaris sportsman 800 efi.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Everyone is going to tell you to buy their oil, Oil is oil! As long you buy a deceint brand, you'll be fine. Those that you listed will be fine.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Everyone is going to tell you to buy their oil, Oil is oil! As long you buy a deceint brand, you'll be fine. Those that you listed will be fine.
agreed
find the one U want and stick with it

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am not going to tell you to buy AMSOIL just because I sell it. In fact in the next few months I will be supplying not only AMSOIL, but Redline and a many others.

That being said, not all oils are the same. Otherwise, you would not be able to find a good brand. If all oil was equal, the brands would be too. Although we are adding different oils to our forte, I will be staying with AMSOIL for my machines. It was the first in synthetics and has shown time and time again through tests to out protect parts from wear, tare and corrosion. The engine will be free to run more efficiently and longer. Now, buying any synthetic motor oil will benefit you. You really start getting down into things like shear strength and proper mixtures of the right molecules when you start going through different brands. Basically, if you want to protect your engine and help it to run better, get a "good" full synthetic motor oil. If you want to prolong those results further, get the one that has been proven.

Either way you go, good luck and let us know what you decide!!

Take care

·
Registered
116 Posts
One thing to remember is that the OEM oil is not made by the manufacturer; it is bid out to specialty lubricant manufacturers. Some may use brand oil manf's that you would recognize but most are from companies you never heard of. The lowest bid for their specs usually is the winner of the contract. The oil company supplies Polaris and many other oems with a "turn key" product to sell. From product design, labels, packaging, warehousing along with shipping to the dealers, these companies do it all. All the oem has to do it set the price.

Many of the Polaris lubes are supplied by a private label company out of Minnesota called Lubetech (see below) according to information found on Polaris's web sites. Those same oils may be found under many different OEM labels. In the industry these are called "commodity oils" or in terns we understand, generic. OEM's place special names on their lubes so the average person is forced to buy it from them because they can't find something that is similar; e.g. Angle Drive Fluid, Demand Drive Plus, Premium AGL. Ask any Polaris dealer and he will not tell you what they are because it is a marketing decision by the OEM to not disclose they are common everyday lubes and if they put 75W-90 on the bottle of Premium Angle Drive Fluid they know most consumers would be buying it at Walmart for 1/2 the price.

Contrary to consumer perception, OEM lubes often are equal to the performance quality of the aftermarket oils on discount store shelves. Dealers can command higher prices simply because the consumer perceives it to be the better oil for ATV. Also, many dealers use intimidation to get consumers to only use their oem brand. They threaten warranty problems if you use another oil and claim their lubricants are special when in reality the lube is just a common lube.

Not many people stick with OEM oils in cars or trucks. When it comes to power sports, everybody worries about switching from OEM.

Lube-Tech is a leading supplier of lubricants, solvents and chemicals for numerous applications. Lube-Tech blends Polaris Performance Lubricants to exacting Polaris specifications and also provides the Polaris Racing program with products such as race fuel, shop cleaners and solvents.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts