Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Predator 90 was running great after about 1/2 hour of riding it started bogging really bad will barley accelerate checked fuel quality=ok Removed & cleaned carb,tried different spark plug,has a newer coil & cdi,Could reed valve problems cause bogging? Idles great
Also has a new air filter

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ive got the same problem. I cant believe noone is answered.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have about given up on small 4wheelers! They Suck! every time we go riding there is a issue with the small 4wheelers & never a issue with the adult ones,I am about to sell the 2 little ones & move the kids up to something in the 250 class or larger,Mine is still bogging inttermittntly.

·
Registered
401 Posts
it could be the reeds. reeds are made for a 2 stroke like valves are made for a 4 stroke in the sense that they alow the air fuel mixture into the motor while holding pressure so they dont just stay open all the time. the faster the motor turns the more vacuum is created opening and pulling more air and gas into the motor. if they are weak or broken they wont limit the air and gas mixture going into the motor the way they should. have you pulled the reed cage and inspected the reeds? some time it can be as simple as a speck of dirt holding one of the reeds open and killing the performance of the motor. I would pull the reeds and inspect them you can clean them with a little carb cleaner and compressed air. reinstall and see if it helps unless when you pull them you can see the ends are burnt, carboned up or missing pieces. in this case replace with new. if they visially look good clean them up and see if this helps. you can also test to see if they still feel as tho they all have the same spring tension with your finger nail give them a little flick. dont go to far because they will bend. like anything tho they do wear out and need replacing. i really like fiber reeds as they seem to hold up better then the tin like ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts