Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, In January of this year I bought a set of symtec heated grips and thumb warmer. They are the ones with the hi and low on a rocker switch. (heat demon) Since then I have had 2 of the switches quit and symtec has warrantied them both times. The problem is the switches are not sealed and water etc gets in there. They offered me a sealed switch but its smaller than the hole I have already drilled into my pod. So they sent me both styles and a mounting plate for the sealed rocker.

My question is has anyone done anything to these switches to make them last a little longer? lube of some sort? Has anyone mounted the new sealed style switch on their quad and if so where have you installed it?

I love these grips and don't want to switch them out for polaris brand but I need some sort of reliability. If I choose to go with the symtec that has the bigger controller that mounts to the handlebar, will I have to switch out the grips or are the grips/thumb warmer the same as the rocker switch type with just a different controller?

Let me know your experiences

·
Registered
729 Posts
The handle bar switch will also mount flat to the pod.
I wasn't happy with symtec or the quality of the product.
When they eventually quit working for one reason or the other , give Tusk Heated Grips/Thumb Warmer a try from Rocky Mountain ATV . Com .
Much better quality at half the price $55 to the door.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the reply. The tusk ones look cool except the switch looks cheesy. That won't stop me from buying them though when the time comes..

Cheers

·
Registered
99 Posts
We have the Tusk one on ours and they work great.45degrees and rain and the second position was more than enough.I think on the highest setting you could tape a hot dog to the grip and warm it up for lunch.:rotflmao:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts