Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought 3/16" Synthetic cable for my 2500 lb winch on my 2013 850 XP EPS. I bought it from Warrior Unlimited.

Question:
Has anyone bought from them?
Have you used it before?
How did it work for you?

Pros/Con please. Thank you everyone.
Now let's ride.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I bought mine from him for my newer ATV...I also have synthectic on my other ATV and its been 5 years...I broke it twice in that time and was my fault.....

Hint....dont use a metal roller fairlead..get a synthetic roller one ..or a aluminum hawse....i like the synthetic roller type..no friction per say..the rollers move with the inward or outward movement of rope..you can just buy the rollers alone and replace metal ones if thats what you have...

but any ways Warrior is a reputable dealer

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback al53. I am going to change my bottom roller for sure. I have to check the others for wear. I like how you can just retie a new knot. I'm also thinking about getting that magnet system that will stop the winch when the magnet touches the plate. Have you seen them? Did you put the line back on your winch or did you get a dealer to do it for you? What size winches do you have on your machines.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I spooled them my self..its easy 10 minute job...make sure it feeds into the bottom of the spool not on the top...I have a 2500 and 3500 pound winch....have not seen that stop.....just get a winch saver...its hard rubber fits on the line...you will feel it when its tight....with no damage to winch...just back it off a click is all....

replacement uhmw roller fairlead rollers for 1500 - 3500 lbs winch roller kit,,but 10 bucks more get whole fairlead...lol.....

winch saver ATV Winch Saver

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its Page 9 of the accessory catalog. On the bottom right. I have that winch saver too. Dealership threw that in when I bought my bike. My winch is also a 2500. Is there a pin inside the winch to hold the line? I bought the synthetic with the ending on it. I'll probably do mine this spring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts