Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I looked but didn't see a thread specific to this problem, though I'm sure there must be some.

I have a 2021 Sportsman 570 Trail and the tabs for holding the front cargo compartment down are way off. Needless to say the paint is quickly wearing thin and it doesn't help with the already poor seal.

I tried putting pressure in the center rear of the rack to see if it had warped and would flex into position, but that's not it.

I pulled back on the fenders and with some persuasion the tabs fell into place, but looking for a week link in the fender attachment I came up with nothing. There aren't a whole lot of attachment points to begin with and none of what I found was anything that could really be tweaked.

Any of you had and corrected this problem? It's pretty ridiculous for a fresh out the box machine to not fit together right.

Tire Automotive tire Hood Wheel Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Hood Automotive tire Tread

·
Premium Member
13,727 Posts
IDK man that SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've heard a lot of that BS going on with popo and canned ham, those are the only 2 manufactures I follow on the forums and social media. You could try and fix it yourself or bring it back to the dealer to have fixed.

·
Premium Member
19’ 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
2,550 Posts
Hello all,

I looked but didn't see a thread specific to this problem, though I'm sure there must be some.

I have a 2021 Sportsman 570 Trail and the tabs for holding the front cargo complement down are way off. Needless to say the paint is quickly wearing thin and it doesn't help with the already poor seal.

I tried putting pressure in the center rear of the rack to see if it had warped and would flex into position, but that's not it.

I pulled back on the fenders and with some persuasion the tabs fell into place, but looking for a week link in the fender attachment I came up with nothing. There aren't a whole lot of attachment points to begin with and none of what I found was anything that could really be tweaked.

Any of you had and corrected this problem? It's pretty ridiculous for a fresh out the box machine to not fit together right.

View attachment 161141
View attachment 161140
Does the plastic lid have a metal frame underneath?

·
Registered
66 Posts
When did you first notice the problem? The red battery cable, is that stock or did you add it when adding a winch or something else?? It could be preventing the lid from properly seating and pushing up in the center of the lid, which would cause the type of deflection you're seeing. Try rerouting the cable so its not going across the top of the battery.

·
Premium Member
13,727 Posts
From what I'm looking at both the left and right sides of the cover look like they are inboard.

Reactions: MrEd

·
Premium Member
2,550 Posts
From what I'm looking at both the left and right sides of the cover look like they are inboard.
^^ Yep….sharp eye…..warped lid? I’m assuming any contact with batt cable in center was checked…

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looking at it again, it appears the front cover is canted lower on the right vs. left (see red arrows). Is the hinge bent, loose, or misaligned? Is something on the hinge attachment broken? If the cover isn't seating correctly in the gasket channel it could be adding to your issue.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When did you first notice the problem? The red battery cable, is that stock or did you add it when adding a winch or something else?? It could be preventing the lid from properly seating and pushing up in the center of the lid, which would cause the type of deflection you're seeing. Try rerouting the cable so its not going across the top of the battery.
It's a stock cable, but good call. I just double checked it and no, it sits down in there better than the picture makes it look.
I haven't done a single mod.

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Trunk Motor vehicle

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The hinge is mostly plastic and it has a lot of play, but the tabs are misaligned to the inside, so shifting it isn't an option. They both need to go out.

·
Premium Member
2,550 Posts
The hinge is mostly plastic and it has a lot of play, but the tabs are misaligned to the inside, so shifting it isn't an option. They both need to go out.
Circling back to “the Lid is warped”…..you don’t have a rack attached to that front lid do you?…….someone correct me if I’m wrong- I recall some other guys having this issue, and when they installed a front lid Rack, that flattened out the warp and the lid fit correctly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another good question. It's the Trail edition so it came with the rack. I think that's actually the problem. After someone asked if it had metal support I got to thinking and took the rack off. The mounting holes don't line up, so I'm thinking the rack is misshaped.

If you notice in the pictures it's not only not lined up, it's angled inward, just like the tabs. I think it's bending the cover.

I reached out to the dealership. I'll let you know.

Thanks for leading me to what is likely the problem.

Grey Carbon Bicycle part Camera accessory Rim
Tire Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Office supplies

·
Registered
66 Posts
Another good question. It's the Trail edition so it came with the rack. I think that's actually the problem. After someone asked if it had metal support I got to thinking and took the rack off. The mounting holes don't line up, so I'm thinking the rack is misshaped.

If you notice in the pictures it's not only not lined up, it's angled inward, just like the tabs. I think it's bending the cover.

View attachment 161224 View attachment 161225
Most likely that is your issue. Take the rack completely off and see if the lid lines up like it should.

·
Premium Member
2,550 Posts

View attachment 161224 View attachment 161225
Most likely that is your issue. Take the rack completely off and see if the lid lines up like it should.
I was just about to same same thing….take the rack off

·
Registered
36 Posts
Maybe you need to do an old mechanics trick, loosen all the mounting bolts - screws, that hold the cover on. Wiggle it around till it goes into place and then re-election tighten the lines you can access without moving g the cover. After that open it and tighten the remaining screws. Just a thought. Had to do that with my 2012.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I sent detailed pictures to the dealership and they're onboard to replace the metal rack.

The problem is that it's winter and to get my quad there isn't worth the cost of the rack to me. It's $109. It's more cost/energy effective this time of year for me to just buy a new one. So first I'll try bending this one. If I ruin it, $109.

Thanks for all the replies. You guys really did lead me to the right conclusion.

·
Premium Member
2,550 Posts
I sent detailed pictures to the dealership and they're onboard to replace the metal rack.

The problem is that it's winter and to get my quad there isn't worth the cost of the rack to me. It's $109. It's more cost/energy effective this time of year for me to just buy a new one. So first I'll try bending this one. If I ruin it, $109.

Thanks for all the replies. You guys really did lead me to the right conclusion.
Will they just give you the new rack to install yourself?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts