Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I did a search and both threads said I need ed to get the 3157CK configured LED. Well I bought two 3157CK LED lights and it did not work as I only get brake lamps in one direction and plugged 180 I get no lights. I checked my socket and it appears I have a standard wired socket. Two 12v on one end and the control grounds on the other. Note I'm testing the socket with both lights out. I did a search on here and the threads all said to get the CK and I did but not working on my 2015 sportsman 570 SP.

This was what JDM said I needed if I have a CK configured socket.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NPIUFMM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1#Ask

Anyone have any idea where I went wrong? Is it possible mine is diferent configuration for some reason?

Like this...

The CK configuration is this but mine is definitely not configured like this.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To be clear...
The two at one end are hot (12v) with the key on. Socket held vertical with the two hot tabs at the bottom the top left is grounded all the time IE: Tail lights.

When I depress the brake the top right is grounded. It should be noted that Polaris has tail lights on at all times with the ignition on. Polaris toggles the ground on and off for brake light operation. With the ignition on it powers both the tabs at the one end of the socket.

In my case I was holding the socket long side vertical facing me when I described the tail light ground as top left, the brake light ground as top right and the ignition powered two tabs at the bottom.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Go to Autozone and buy Sylvania Zevo led "3157R", it works great. You may have to flip it around in the socket, if it doesn't work at first.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I could not find those locally but I was emailed back by JDM Star and Jose processed a return and suggested I Get their PX series light as it is suppose to work in both the standard and the SD/CK applications.

This is what they suggested I order
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PHUMFEW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You must order from Amazon FBA which is illustrated below because of the type of circuit it has. It allows functionality for both CK and standard which we believe is what will be prevent the light from staying on high intensity. This is what our technician suggested so please keep us posted as this is a learning experience.
I also ordered these for the two lower lamps
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NJ9MZH0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also bought one of these for the high beam headlamp. Note: To be able to get only one for the $40 I had to call and request that option from Jose directly. They only market them in pairs at the moment.
JDM ASTAR Auto LED Bulbs,LED Headlight,Fog Lamps & Turn Signal Brake Tail Light

I will write a review and post pictures in a couple weeks. I will also get the watt consumption of each as this is a big reason I'm going LED. I want to reduce watt consumption so as to free up more watts for frequent winch operation.

Just as a teaser this is why I decided to upgrade to a Sportsman 570. While I didn't get their specific equipment it did send me down a similar road and once done I will post on that too. I will however post a separate thread.

I was looking at small tractors and skid steer with attachments and to be honest they were too much money and in most cases more than what I need.
I stumbled on this video and quickly discovered an entirely new way to abuse an ATV! :racer:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well I found out that the OEM watt consumption rating is...
Tail 8.26 watts times two
Brake 26.9 watts times two
Head lamps 50 watts times two
High beam 50 watts

Potential total is 220.32 watts

The consumption rating on the LED's is...
Tail is 0.72 watts = 0.06 amps times two
Brake is 4.68 watts = 0.39 amps times two
Head lamps are 881 50W High Power 4.32 watts = 0.36 amps times two
High beam is a 881 6th Generation Headlight is 13.08 watts = 1.09 amps

Potential total is 32.52 watts

So the potential watt savings is 187.80 watts. :daz:

That's enough to run two 85 watt 12" LED light bars and still have a slightly lower watt consumption than all OEM lights alone. That's a big winner if lighting is improved over stock w/o any light bars added. I think this is going to help immensely with keeping the battery fully charged.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
ATV Accessories | Quad Hydraulic Equipment | ATV Attachments Store

there's your pricing.

how does it compare to a mini tractor?

In all honesty, watching both a mini tractor, and a skid steer work. If I were to put my money into one or the other, it would be the skid steer. the mini tractor just didn't have the power to do a lot of the things it had attachments to do. And based on your location, and terrain, I'm betting one would have a hard time keeping up with what you'd ask it to do.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
ATV Accessories | Quad Hydraulic Equipment | ATV Attachments Store

there's your pricing.

how does it compare to a mini tractor?

In all honesty, watching both a mini tractor, and a skid steer work. If I were to put my money into one or the other, it would be the skid steer. the mini tractor just didn't have the power to do a lot of the things it had attachments to do. And based on your location, and terrain, I'm betting one would have a hard time keeping up with what you'd ask it to do.
Yes I did see the pricing and it is way more than I paid for my ATV. I have a friend that sold his grader that he used to use to touch up my 1.5 mile road/driveway. So now it will be close to $2000 to get that done using rental equipment. I'm only trying to extend that time with routine maintenance that I currently do with a pick axe, shovel and rake now. So unless the equipment is absolutely useless I think it will do its job.

Once construction is done I will use the box box scraper and Titan drag harrow to maintain the gravel driveway near the home. My plan is to go out after a rain and do most of the repairs that are needed on the remainder of the road. For a total investment just a bit under $6000 and the dual purpose nature of the ATV I think I'm doing good so far.

PS; Tail lamps should be in today.

Drag harrow in action.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts

This is the first itteration of my drag grader... which will be getting scrapped soon unless my ex FIL wants it. as I'm not going to have a gravel drive to maintain after I move.

It has since lost the adjustable rake, and had additional bracing and weight added to break up harder pack.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well those LEDs for the tail lights do not work :wtf:

ThorsHammer that looks like it works very well. I may look at doing similar

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Go to Autozone and buy Sylvania Zevo led "3157R", it works great. You may have to flip it around in the socket, if it doesn't work at first.
Well I found one Zevo 3157 but in white locally and tried that and it works but is not a good choice as the white LED washes out the lens in a soft pink that is less noticeable than the OEM bulb. They are ordering one set of Zevo 3157R for me should be here in a day or so.

I called Jose and he said his engineer said he doesn't think Amazon has any of their universal fit LEDs yet. He is sending out one from his engineer so we can be sure I'm testing out one he is positive that is the new universal design to test. I really like the idea of a 50 watt equivalent brake lamp intensity instead of the OEM 26.9 watt bulb.

So yes the Sylvania Zevo led "3157R" works but the jury is still out on the JDM Star extream bright 50 watt LED. I will post the results here when I get some to test.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Zevo 3157R will work on 2017 Sportsman 450 and 570

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Zevo 3157R LED Tail light will work just fine on a 2017 Sportsman 450 and 570.

This is what you need to do.

Step 1) When replacing the stock rear tail light bulbs with Zevo 3157R. You want to replace BOTH the left and right side BEFORE Testing.

Step 2) Once both LED lights are install then turn on your ATV. What you want is to have both lights on and when you press the hand brake both lights to turn on even brighter.

For me, after I install both LED lights and tested by turning on my ATV, one LED was lit and the other was not so I flipped the LED light that was not lit and now both LED lights were lit and when I pressed on the hand brake, both LED lights work.

What I think/suspect some people did was just tested 1 tail light while the other tail light still had the stock OEM bulb. When I did this the 1 tail light with the Zevo 3157R LED light only work as a parking lights and the light went out when I pressed on the hand brake. So I flipped the LED light and now the parking light did not light up but it did light up when I pressed on the hand brake.

This is not what we want, we don't want one or the other. What we want is to have the parking light work on both side and the brake light to also work on both side and this can only be done if you install both Zevo 3157R LED lights before turning on your ATV.

I knew there was a step missing when so many people said it worked while a few still said it didn't. Why didn't it work? What did you do differently? Or what step was not provided to make it work?

Well I hope this helps someone new that wants to change their tail light bulbs for something Brighter, Less Wattage and LED lights.

Only reason I did this was to save some wattage because I'm installing a AUXBEAM 12" 72watt LED Light on my ATV-GURU Front Brush Guard soon.

Plus I light spending $$ on my new toys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts