Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 polaris 500 ho x2 atv. It only has 400 plus miles, and I've had it for about 1 1/2 years. Last year the battery strap broke and it settled back onto the muffler, and melted a hole into it, and melted the positive cable slightly. I found this out because the machine kept dying when I turned left, but would start back up immediately. The dealer that I took it to found the problem, I put on a new strap, and eventual replaced the battery. This past year I have went out to the garage randomly and the tail lights are on with the key switch in off and the light switch in off also. Weird. I start it up if the battery isn't run down, and sometimes the tail lights go out or not, also the headlights come on if its switch is on low or high, they remain off if the switch is in the off position. I have talked to the dealer and they had me switch out the key switch but the tail lights remain on even with the switch completely out of the circuit. He also told me that if that wasn't the problem then its the ECM. He told me that any sparking will kill the ECM, probably when I had my battery melt down. Has anyone come across this problem out there? My question is could it be the solenoid and not the ECM?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts