Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

First post on here after reading pretty much every thread in this sub; thanks for all the useful information!

I am seriously considering purchasing the 2014 Sportsman 570 but just wanted some opinions (as unbiased as possible!) about whether or not you believe it is a good investment and why.

I will primarily be using it for hunting, trail riding and snow plowing. I may do a bit of mudding as well while trail riding (not sure how extreme, I'll make that decision when I see the hole and if I can go around I probably will). I am the type of person who takes care of their stuff (especially when it's expensive). I don't expect it to be abused, however I don't really want to have to "baby" the quad for its entire life.

After reading all the these threads I am leery as to whether the 570 is a smart investment during this phase of Polaris' launch, because I expect the 2015 will have some bugs (axles, motor shake, cold start) ironed out. It gets very cold where I live (-40), so the cold start issue might be a bit of a nuisance, especially when plowing.

Just curious what you guys all think; would most of these issues have been corrected by now or would it be wise to wait or purchase from another brand? I want to buy new and stay within 2013-2014.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Northerner, I too use mine mainly for getting around on my hunting lease and trail/ deer stand maintenance; thus far it has performed flawlessly. I do believe the 570 is a good value for the money but if you want a real "smart investment" tip, buy MJNA stock. Seriously, I'm very happy with 570. As far as the stock tip, I'll let you know if it performs as well as in six months.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I too bought mine for hunting, plowing snow, and work around my property. So far its a great machine. Mine has had no problems with the cold yet. -40 wind chills and she started right up, every time. Does a great job plowing also. Stock tires are OK, if you have to drive through more that 20 inches of snow I would up grade. You'll love it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Better off in my opinion to find a good 2004.5-2009 sportsman in the value line, you wont be disappointed
Thanks for the input!

Welcome to the board!
Great to be here! :)

Northerner, I too use mine mainly for getting around on my hunting lease and trail/ deer stand maintenance; thus far it has performed flawlessly. I do believe the 570 is a good value for the money but if you want a real "smart investment" tip buy MJNA stock. Seriously, I'm very happy with 570. As far as the stock tip I'll let you know if it performs as well as in six months.
Glad to hear yours is doing well! And I'll keep your stock tip in mind haha

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey TheNortherner, I just debated and took the plunge myself. I ordered a new 570 on Monday should be able to pick it up if all the parts came in this week like the dealer thought they would. I read every bit of info i could get my hands on. Watched endless hours of you tube reviews and after thinking the grizzly might be best came across the new 570. I went and test drove one at the dealership. Was so impressed i ordered one. I also am not a mud guy and really take care of my stuff so i hope its a very long term investment myself. I'll have to post some more after i pick it up and ride it some more. Good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I too bought mine for hunting, plowing snow, and work around my property. So far its a great machine. Mine has had no problems with the cold yet. -40 wind chills and she started right up, every time. Does a great job plowing also. Stock tires are OK, if you have to drive through more that 20 inches of snow I would up grade. You'll love it.
Yes I've read most companies use cheaper tires out of the factory in order to bring costs down. If I end up getting the 570 I plan on using the stock tires though; at least until its out of warranty. Thank you for your input!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey TheNortherner, I just debated and took the plunge myself. I ordered a new 570 on Monday should be able to pick it up if all the parts came in this week like the dealer thought they would. I read every bit of info i could get my hands on. Watched endless hours of you tube reviews and after thinking the grizzly might be best came across the new 570. I went and test drove one at the dealership. Was so impressed i ordered one. I also am not a mud guy and really take care of my stuff so i hope its a very long term investment myself. I'll have to post some more after i pick it up and ride it some more. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Crazy! I was looking at the Grizzly 700 as well because it seems like its built very solid; but I like the accessories Polaris offers better than Yamaha. Also, with the high price of gas ($1.29 L) and my intended use, I'm not sure if I can justify it. Keep us posted on your experience with your new toy! I hope its great.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
As far as an "investment" the 800 would be a wiser choice. Not much more money up front and better resale down the road. The 800 Fuji Twin has been around forever and is a solid and proven powertrain.

What I recommend: Buy what fits you best. Go check out a 400 (actually a 455) then a 570 and an 800. Compare them all and get what feels right.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
congrats

·
Registered
130 Posts
Better off in my opinion to find a good 2004.5-2009 sportsman in the value line, you wont be disappointed
Thanks for the input!

Welcome to the board!

Northerner, I too use mine mainly for getting around on my hunting lease and trail/ deer stand maintenance; thus far it has performed flawlessly. I do believe the 570 is a good value for the money but if you want a real "smart investment" tip buy MJNA stock. Seriously, I'm very happy with 570. As far as the stock tip I'll let you know if it performs as well as in six months.
I hope you took me up on the tip. MJNA was up 19% today!

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
The 800 Fuji Twin has been around forever and is a solid and proven powertrain.
I've always heard the 800 is a domestic Polaris motor like the 600 & 700 before it and that the 850 was joint development with Fuji.

450, 500 and 550 are obviously Fuji.

Can someone help clarify this because I haven't found anything definitive to the 800 Fuji manufacture claim?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I too had always thought the 800 to be a Fuji.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Hhmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I find conflicting info on google BUT it does indeed seem that the majority claims that the 450, 500, and 550 are FUJI and the 570, 600, 700, 800, and 850 are made by Polaris. It would appear I stand corrected.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
400, 500, and 550 are fujis

600/700/800 are liberty engines

570/900 are Pro stars

850 is Polaris

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks for the input!

I hope you took me up on the tip. MJNA was up 19% today!
MJNA was up an additional 14% today. I don't make this $h!+ up folks, check the tickler. I'm not a broker or in any way affiliated with MJNA other than being a small time share holder. BTW, like I said before I purchased my 570 with proceeds from the sale of FB stock. Just sayin...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I like my 2014 sportsman 570 eps . nice quad. no regrets....yet. only had a month.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I actually work for a polaris dealer and after driving all the different models and doing serious homework, I decided to buy a 570 because they are reliable and they have more power than I will ever need. I am running 28" silverback tires and I do alot of mudding through deep thick mud and I have not had a single problem out of it. I agree with the other users though and I think you should goto a dealer and test drive the different models and see what feels the best to you and the salesman are trained to help show you the machines that fit your needs and give you your options.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I actually work for a polaris dealer and after driving all the different models and doing serious homework, I decided to buy a 570 because they are reliable and they have more power than I will ever need. I am running 28" silverback tires and I do alot of mudding through deep thick mud and I have not had a single problem out of it. I agree with the other users though and I think you should goto a dealer and test drive the different models and see what feels the best to you and the salesman are trained to help show you the machines that fit your needs and give you your options.
How do you like that HMF pipe?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts