Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Oct 19-20
Once again a gracious private landowner/atv enthusiast is opening his land to respectful, family atv'ers....

We will have 2500 acres of pristine private property to ride, camp and enjoy the mountains in the fall. The trails feature tight, technical sections, elevation changes, water, mud, and open easy going trails to satisfy many riding types. Its approximately 20 miles plus additional miles if you hit all of the "hero" sections.

Gate will be open Saturday Oct 19 at 4pm for primitive camping. Porta Johns will be avail. Everything from tents to 5th wheelers, toy haulers are welcome. Generators ok. The camping/parking area is very large and can handle big rigs. Bonfires/campfires are permitted. Night riding is not allowed at this time due to insurance regulations/restrictions.

The trails open on Sunday Oct 20 at 9:00am. Ride all day, as many times as you like. We ask all to be back in the field by 5:00pm.

There will be a cook shack open Sun with egg sandwiches, burgers, dogs and refreshments avail to purchase.

We are looking for responsible riders and groups to enjoy this awesome riding resource. Respect of the land and owner goes a long way to future access to this gem of a property. We had a spring ride here and it was a success.

The fee is $30 per rider
$10 per passenger
$50 family pass(mom, dad & kids)
$ 10 per person the camp

Insurance, helmets, no alcohol while riding, 2up only on 2up bikes, respect and courtesy are the only things we require....

Use 325 Tar Hollow Rd Hancock NY for gps. Once the road turns to dirt proceed another mile or so to the gate. Once you pass the gate, stay on the dirt road another mile to registration. This private property is patrolled regularly please do not trespass or try to ride any other time. Thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This run is for atv's, sxs's and trikes only..thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the flyer:

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm guessing no questions or interest? It's a shame. The riding here is fantastic. Hopefully we see some PolarisATVForums members.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm guessing no questions or interest? It's a shame. The riding here is fantastic. Hopefully we see some PolarisATVForums members.
I want to go....but I don't have insurance :(

Guess I need to look into that....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Insurance is ridiculously cheap. With a heavily modified late model bike like you have, it should be a no-brainer.

I've been thinking of looking at the Scrambler. I would love to see your bike. Sounds awesome with all the mods.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Insurance is ridiculously cheap. With a heavily modified late model bike like you have, it should be a no-brainer.

I've been thinking of looking at the Scrambler. I would love to see your bike. Sounds awesome with all the mods.
Steve,

I'll look into insurance this week.....

I would love to show you my bike when its done....heck, I'd like to see it done! The first lift Catvos sent me didn't fit the "Limited" model because of the fox shocks. They were making me a new kit which is supposed to ship tomorrow. The tires are huge so I need the lift on to install them.

The only other places I've been was to Lost Trails in PA and Little Monanock in NH - have you been to either?

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I've ridden Lost Trails...wasn't too impressed. I thought the trails were very beat up and rocky. I mean, I still enjoy being on my atv and riding the hell out of it, and I wouldn't not go if my riding crew wanted to hit it. But since I've got access to this land that this ride is being held on, there hasn't been a reason for me to ride anywhere else...

IN regards to NH. I haven't hit it yet but will this spring. It sounds pretty cool. I did Hatfield& McCoy and Jackman Maine both this year. Took a ***** out of my "fun" budget this summer.

Regarding the Scrambler...since they introduced that black LE 850, I've been salivating pretty good. I'm definitely a 4wd atv guy. I think I would prefer a sportier, less utility machine geared towards a more athletic ride. I still need the utility of my X2 around the property, but for ripping the trails, I'm wanting a Scrambler real bad.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a few days away.....Everything is set...Early weather looks decent...Hopefully see some PoPo's there...

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
yea like said above, id love to, but no insurance.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Our first ride last June we had 23 atvs...This weekend we had about 94...It was an awesome weekend...We had some from as far away as Maryland, Buffalo and Plattsburgh(NY) come in to ride! That's far.

Here's what a mod from BruteCentral stated:
"Steve,

We had a great time. For anyone reading this, the next ride is set for June 1st. I have rode trails in Quebec, NH, NY, VT, CT, and the Hatfield McCoy trails in WV. These were some of the best trails I have ever rode on. There were hill climbs steep enough to induce severe puckering, mud, cruising trails, rocks, gorgeous scenery, etc.... In short, there was something for everyone. I had an awesome time, and even with a little better than 5 hour drive, each way, I will gladly do it again. The riding is that good."

Our next ride will be on June 1, 2014....Details will start coming soon!

·
Premium Member
11,473 Posts
That quote says a lot. sounds like a good ride Steve. Keep us posted going to try and make the June ride.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts