Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I own a 2004 sportsman 400 with electric front hub and I would like to know if a set of tracks will fit on my atv ? It seem because I have front hub they could not fit ? Any idea on this ? Thanks

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
you usually don't see tracks on the lower CC engines because they just don't have the power to make up for the gear reduction caused by the tracks. The outboard hubs shouldn't effect fitment at all as they are behind the mounting location of the tires anyway.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw a lot of honda rubicon and some rancher with tracks I think my 400 sportsman is able to move them. The only concern I have about them is the hub fittement at the front. I would like to know if some of you tried or installed a kit of tracks on a older sportsman with electric front wheel hubs.

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
You can check out Camoplast on-line to see if they have a kit for your 400. I know they have kits for 400s though. It's not the gear reduction in the trscks that demand more power - it's the gear reduction that allows for lower power machines.
I know Camoplast (Tattou 4S) makes 4 different drive sprockets. The 850 class of machines uses the largest. My 550 has the next to largest. Actually a very good way to change the required power. On my 550, I lose about 40% of my top end over the wheels and tires. I get about 40 mph with the tracks installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts