Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our family loaded up from Missouri and rode roughly 8 days in Taylor Park. We covered about 420 miles the days we rode. We stayed at the Colorado Dream Ranch RV park. I highly recommend this place. The weather was uncommonly rainy, but we still had a lot of fun on the trails, especially since they weren't dusty. We wore our rain suits all but 2 days. Here's just a few pictures I thought I'd share.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,952 Posts
Great pictures. Looks like you had a great trip. The rain is a good thing. When I was up there last month, the dust was bad enough to almost make it not fun to ride. Not to mention the fire ban that was in effect then.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great pictures. Looks like you had a great trip. The rain is a good thing. When I was up there last month, the dust was bad enough to almost make it not fun to ride. Not to mention the fire ban that was in effect then.
I think that was the 8th time I've been up there and had never seen it so rainy. I didn't mind the rain but my little girl sure didn't like it. one day we got in a helluva rain and sleet storm.
Bob....I was considering going on a fall trip up your direction and ride a few days but can't get enough interest from buddies, I guess i'm out for fall ride. We've already got campsites booked for next year in taylor park july 12-18.

·
Super Moderator
6,952 Posts
Anytime you are out this way give a holler. Been to Taylor 4 of the last 5 summers. Think we may give it a break next year and try something new. If your time up there next year spans a weekend maybe I could run up there for a day or two. It's only about a 3 1/2 hour drive from the house.

For those interested, Taylor Park is featured on this weeks Destination Polaris.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anytime you are out this way give a holler. Been to Taylor 4 of the last 5 summers. Think we may give it a break next year and try something new. If your time up there next year spans a weekend maybe I could run up there for a day or two. It's only about a 3 1/2 hour drive from the house.

For those interested, Taylor Park is featured on this weeks Destination Polaris.
I've been wanting to go somewhere else too. I took one day on this last trip[ and drove over to Ouray from Taylor Park and kind of checked things out. lodging seems more limited and we'd have to trailer everywhere, which is OK. but I love riding right from camp to the trails. but it looks like a cool place to ride.
a place we rode a few years ago and didn't hardly see another soul was south fork CO in the rio grande national forest. we'd ride all day and maybe see one other group.

yep, if you get a day or 2 come down and ride with us next summer, sounds like fun.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Try the San Rafael Swell just west of Green River Ut. You would have to go in late March or April so it doesn't get to hot. I was thinking of going in April and riding the Swell 3-4 days then Moab 2-3 then going south of Moab and riding the Hook and Ladder in April 2014. Lond way off right now but sounds good. Very different than Taylor Park or the Alpine Loop but very scenic with the sand washes and all the painted rocks and mines.

Ronnie

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'd love to go to Utah and check out moab. its just so darn far for me and I stop every time I get to the rocky mtns. LOL!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Taylor

We have gone to Taylor the last three years, and stayed at the same campground. Great place and fun going over cottonwood pass. We are returning in a couple of weeks to go to the ATV color tour in Buena Vista. Haven't been on the tour for three years. Hope to see some color in the mountains.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have gone to Taylor the last three years, and stayed at the same campground. Great place and fun going over cottonwood pass. We are returning in a couple of weeks to go to the ATV color tour in Buena Vista. Haven't been on the tour for three years. Hope to see some color in the mountains.
I hope you guys have a good time. I want to go back here in the next couple of weeks but my schedule just won't allow it. its a great place!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts