Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of these exist? All I do is light trail riding and have to go over a few fallen branches and it's already torn 2 boots in 6months. Easy fix I know, but not easy to take the whole axle off and apart. Are there Any tear resistant boots or maybe boots you can put on without removing the axle?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Richochet a-arm guards work VERY well for protecting the boots!

·
11,138 Posts
There are heavy duty boots AND there is a product called a Quick boot that stretches to fit over the CV joint without disassembly. I think Moose carries the quick boots.

·
Registered
619 Posts
A Arm guards, even the heavy plastic ones are better than nothing. I spray mine with Fluid Film before every ride. It keeps them soft and protects them from dry rot, but makes the surface slick and helps deflect the stray stick or 10. You have to be careful about which soaps and degreasers you use, they can attack and leach the oils from rubber as well as grease seals.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
found those "over the axle" boots (fast boots on the Moose site I believe). However, it requires the Quick-Shot tool in order to install the boot. It's a $200 tool!

Richochet A-arm guards are $160!

Looks like I'll just stick with the $20 option and just take the axle apart

1 - 6 of 6 Posts