Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discovered a small tear in the seat vinyl in the front left corner - what can be done to cure it or prevent it from getting larger

·
Registered
32 Posts
I ripped my KTM seat in the past, and this is what I did.

Seat off, cut staples with side cutters and pull enough out to peel back the seat cover to access the rip. Cover the inside of the rip, with a small piece of duc tape. Hand stitch with coloured thread to match seat. I then covered the threads with the lightest amount of black silicone to give them strength.
Reinstall cover and restaple with typical hand stapler, pushing down very hard as you staple.

This fix lasted a long time for me. The slightest amount of silicone gave the thread some strength, and the duct tape on the inside held everything together.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discovered a small tear in the seat vinyl in the front left corner - what can be done to cure it or prevent it from getting larger
dgreene, I ripped my Bad Boy Mower seat badly and got some gorilla glue and glued it back down and it's stayed for 3 years now and no more tearing. Just make sure to keep pressure on the tear for a while after gluing it down, or you could take one of those decals you took off and cover it with one of them...LOL J/K my friend about the decals.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks gentlemen.
Vandal - lmao - but wife through out the old decals.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts

·
11,680 Posts
Vinyl repair kit at most auto parts stores. Only costs a few bucks and hardly even noticeable if you take your time to do it right.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a small tear in mine also what about a camp seat cover anyone ever bought one how do they fit? I plan on gluing my rip then put the cover on.

Sent from my TBDG1073 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts