1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Pretty slick. Looks like you just put a T in where the stock sensor was. Do you think moving the sensor out like that still gives you an accurate read since the the sensors are out of the normal coolant flow?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it will be fine. you are still moving the coolant around. tested and seems to be fine.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I love the gauge. Not sure I would want to be responsible for turningy own fan on and off. Maybe an override, but nit a bypass. That way I could turn it on if I wanted, but if I forgot it would come on when it wanted to.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fan seems to come on around 210F shuts off around when hits just under 200F

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Does your overflow bottle always run that high? I'm just wondering because mine never gets that high. It likes to stay down at the MIN line. Is that pic hot or cold?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gauge is lighted, switch is for turning fan on manually. lite will come on the switch when the switch is turned on, when switch is off, the lite comes on when machine signals the fan to come, coolant level had to adjust added to much when put coolant back in >_ normally its between low and high when cold

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Cool...thanks for the reply. I see guys thinking they are overheating when they are just filling the jug too full. One guy had it over the MAX line. ??? Couldn't understand why it kept burping it out. I told him to lower the level and now.....its fine! :)

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
So it sounds like the fan does still work automatically OR manually. Is that correct? What kind of wiring did that require?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
fan works auto, unless u turn switch on.. then it bypasses computer and turns fan on.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Great. Just when I thought I was done customizing!

This is a setup that I want on both my machines. Please do tell where you got the supplies and how you wired this. It is now tops on my to-do list.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wiring Connections

Can you list the steps to wire up the switch for the fan bypass? I thought I read them somewhere but I just can't seem to find them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed a bypass kit from amazon and it seems to be working in manual mode...question is this. To correct the problem with OEM setup, what should I replace.
I've put new sensor on the side of the engine , and the one in radiator. Is the relay bad ?? (09 Sportsman 500 HO)...
In my case. The "hot" would flash, but seems engine was only 200° max ( with infrared thermometer)..
Dont mind the workaround, but rather have factory ..thanks in advance

·
Registered
8,030 Posts
The sensor in the engine turns on the hot light - the switch in the radiator turns the fan on and off - if the temp light is coming on at too low of a temp, the temp switch is bad. The fan switch has nothing to do with the temp light and the temp light has nothing to do with the fan. The fan relay closes when the key is turned on and then the fan switch has power - when the fan switch closes the fan comes on. Simple

1 - 16 of 16 Posts