Anyone going?
I along with (3) buddies will be there.
Usually a large turnout.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Unfortunately too large of a turnout.
Needed to separate ATV’s for Saturday and run RZR on Sunday or the following Saturday.
2 wrecks and a few RZRs stuck and it ruined 100% of every riders day!
A 30 mile loop ended up taking us 6 hrs!!!

Worst day of riding I’ve ever had! Nothing to sit for 30 minutes in one spot, go 100’ and sit again!

·
Premium Member
9,803 Posts
Yeah man that does bite!!!! I've been on a couple charity runs that can get a little congested. But not to the point that you experienced. I'm patient but my buddies would have been pushing hard to get around what ever was slowing down the ride. It's good to get to these rides early to avoid the mayhem. Honestly though if it's possible I'll just chill and watch the train wreck. Usually it's some sloppy snirt or snud hill climb or a nasty rutted out mud hole and you get every guy trying to prove something trying to get through it. Once I watched a guy purposely blow up his mud modded King Quad 750 try to get through a muddy rutted swamp. His buddies had their winches and tow straps out but he wasn't having it and niether was his wheeler. It was a show for sure!!!!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah man that does bite!!!! I've been on a couple charity runs that can get a little congested. But not to the point that you experienced. I'm patient but my buddies would have been pushing hard to get around what ever was slowing down the ride. It's good to get to these rides early to avoid the mayhem. Honestly though if it's possible I'll just chill and watch the train wreck. Usually it's some sloppy snirt or snud hill climb or a nasty rutted out mud hole and you get every guy trying to prove something trying to get through it. Once I watched a guy purposely blow up his mud modded King Quad 750 try to get through a muddy rutted swamp. His buddies had their winches and tow straps out but he wasn't having it and niether was his wheeler. It was a show for sure!!!!
Never been so frustrated!
These trails were narrow.
A RZR went over a hill and got stuck. So instead of coming back for it later, they tried for an hour to winch it out. That was the first hold up.
Then there were people getting stuck in washed out mud holes that I went through in 2wd! Some people have NO business going on these rides.
When we got back, everyone was bitching.
+1 for the Reapers! 2wd all day and never let me down!
My buddy did hit a tree at mile marker 27 of 30. Felt bad for him, a rut took him right into the tree. Steering stem, bars, plastics, wasn’t good! He safe tho.

Oh yeah then there was this hill climb that some contemplated for 5 minutes before climbing.
There was a steep rock face in the middle of the hill. People tried to take it slow, as soon as they hit the vertical face they’d flip backwards.
Got up to it, didn’t think twice and grabbed an ass load of throttle and jumped over the rock face. Took 20 seconds to climb this hill that took others 10 mins!

Just frustrating to ride with that many inexperienced riders.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
jeez,!!! how many quads roughly ??
our club tries to do atleast 2 to 3 groups, first group being the fast experienced group.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jeez,!!! how many quads roughly ??
our club tries to do atleast 2 to 3 groups, first group being the fast experienced group.
Hard to say. Rough guess, I’d say 1 in 20 were quads, handful of dirt bikes but 70-80% had to be RZR’s. They are just too big for this ride. No way to get around them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts