Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined the group and wanted to say hi. I just bought my second Polaris which is a 2012 Sportsman 500 HO limited edition. my last one was a 95 Sportsman 400 which I loved. I used to work for Gregory Polaris in Arkansas a few yrs ago. Im looking at putting a set of terminator tires on it! any suggestions

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Terms are really heavy heavier than silverbacks,outlaws, rad outlaw pretty much the heaviest other than black mambas and I'm pretty sure they run a lil short. There suppose to have a decent ride for a tire in its class and do ok on hard pack ground there good lookin tires I'd like to try them out. What type of riding are u gonna be doin?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sounds like a awesome idea but you will need lots of other aftermarket parts! Keep us updated would love to see what it looks like when its all done! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tyler I see u have a rzr? looking at buyin a 2014 900XP soon and thought bouy putting silverbacks or terminators on it. what kind r urs and what size

·
Registered
163 Posts
mainly trail riding and muddin..Tyler what u mean by a lot of aftermarket parts
Well it depends. If you ride a atv and the terms are the 34's you will prob need axels a clutch kit and a lift. But if its a sxs you prob wont need those.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Tyler I see u have a rzr? looking at buyin a 2014 900XP soon and thought bouy putting silverbacks or terminators on it. what kind r urs and what size
I dont actually have a rzr. Its just a temporary pic till i take on of my sportsman.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I might go that big on a rzr but maybe 28 on the sportsman. I want to get them in the outdoors more and my cousin and his family r lookin at doing the same. that way we can ride together and travel together. cant wait to get the sxs cause its gonna be nice when I'm done. lol

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yeah 28's should be a good size for the atv.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Even if ur planning on runnin 28s in the terms u will need a clutch kit definitely will need axles after a little harsh treatment it will take quite a bit of torq to handle the terms well. Ever thought of running mega meyhem, zillas or something of that caliber?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Here is the weights of the terms compared to others. One is for 12in wheel an the other is for 14"

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Well the one for 14" didn't post

·
Registered
319 Posts
28" outlaw will fit and will never leave you wanting something else. The terminators just don't clean out as well in the deep mud. You will need axles some offset rims or spacers for stock rims, and a clutch kit. not to mention if you go really deep a snorkel and a rad relocate and seal and dielectric grease everything.

·
Registered
190 Posts
U should look at the mega meyhem or the zilla they would be a good choice for what ur lookin for unless u want a radial

1 - 17 of 17 Posts