Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I need help with this confusing situation. I will start from the beginning.

I had bought a 2009 Sportsman 550 XP browning edition new back in 09. I had the dealer install a glacier plow system. I have since sold the 550 awhile ago but I kept the plow and mount. I don't know if its a Glacier 1 or Glacier 2? All it says on the blade is "Glacier plow systems." It has the quick disconnect by pulling the blue pullcord. I liked the front mount mounting system.

So after the 550 was gone, I had the plow still. I have a 2001 Sportsman 400 that I decided to put the plow on. Obviously the mount wasn't a direct fit so I modified the mount plate and welded more onto it. I did NOT modify the plow frame or blade, just the mounting plate.

I now have a 2006 Sportsman 800 efi that I want to put this plow on. It does not have a winch yet but I will get a warn for it. The mount that I modified for the 400 off the 550xp is probably too modified to easily modify it again for the 800.

So my question is, what mount do I buy? I looked on the Polaris site and all they offer for my 800 is something for the Glacier 3 that looks totally different. I just want a front mount mounting system for my 800 like what I had before.

Does anyone have a link or know why I cant find what I want? Is this Glacier system only for the xp's? There's gotta be a mount I can get....

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Do you have a smart phone? The easiest way is to take them with the phone, and upload with tapatalk,

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I have a smartphone, no taptalk thingy though haha. Ill work on pics then research posting pics though.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Tapatalk is sweet, all forums that you are on under one app. As ling as they use tapatalk. The only time i use my phone is for a quickie pic, prefer the pics Nikon takes over any smartphone.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Go to the "go advanced" box below the reply box, click on that, then go to "manage attachments". Browse your computer for the pics you want to upload, then upload them. They will automatically show in the reply when you post it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts