·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't remember seeing, now put the 1000 in it

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
lol. a 1000 in that would be a death trap. I think they'll need to make a wide track version Long travel suspension package in order to accommodate the larger CC engines. Otherwise it'll be on it's side more than it's tires.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya your right about that
but it would be a hell of a ride till you wrecked it

·
Registered
52 Posts
lol. a 1000 in that would be a death trap. I think they'll need to make a wide track version Long travel suspension package in order to accommodate the larger CC engines. Otherwise it'll be on it's side more than it's tires.
I don't think it would be any more of a death trap than a Sportsman 850 or Scrambler 1000. The center of gravity should actually be lower than a quad since the rider is actually lower in the vehicle. Not to mention that the rider is protected by the roll cage. I would love to have one of these if they end up offering it with a much larger engine. After all, I couldn't have a sportsman with an 850 twin and a dunebuggy that only has a 327 single. I just don't understand why they chose such a small engine. Oh well, I've still got another year before the 850 is paid off. I know my wife wouldn't let me buy another off road vehicle before paying off the current one.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I bet it has to do with space. The Twin wouldn't fit as you're losing all the engine room to make leg room/butt room.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will have to ride one and see how they are

·
Registered
978 Posts
Thing looks like it would be perfect for the wife

·
Registered
944 Posts
Yep. My thoughts exactly ! Probably many others, too. Likely their main target demographic. Many gals will feel " safer " enclosed in a body.

On the roll over potential vs a quad,,,, on a quad you can use body position. On these you can't so there's some give and take there.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Yep. My thoughts exactly ! Probably many others, too. Likely their main target demographic. Many gals will feel " safer " enclosed in a body.

On the roll over potential vs a quad,,,, on a quad you can use body position. On these you can't so there's some give and take there.
more and likely why its only a 500 in the thing to

·
Registered
7,469 Posts

more and likely why its only a 500 in the thing to
Not even a 500, just the equivalent HP as the 500 was. Someone posted that it was 327 CC.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Smaller engines pumping out high horsepower aren't a good combo with Polaris' track record.

Its an interesting idea, still trying to decide if I like it or not. I showed the wife and she looked at it and said "why not just buy a four wheeler" (she's gonna be getting something this spring) While it may fit the bill for some people I think im gonna have to agree with her on this one.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
yeah, that's my thought Fuse. it's to tall for a off road go kart. to short for a real sand buggy, to Narrow for good track corners, and not strong enough for speed runs so I'm at a loss. and It's to tall/narrow to be really good on rocks without the ability to counter balance or move around to balance the machine in rocks/mud.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
yeah, that's my thought Fuse. it's to tall for a off road go kart. to short for a real sand buggy, to Narrow for good track corners, and not strong enough for speed runs so I'm at a loss. and It's to tall/narrow to be really good on rocks without the ability to counter balance or move around to balance the machine in rocks/mud.
You pretty much hit it on the head with those points they are our thoughts as well about it....

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I showed the wife, she said she said that would be perfect

·
Registered
52 Posts
I see where your comin from. Without riding it, you or I don't really know if it's too tall, too short, not wide enough, or whatever. I look at it as being what I always wanted to "drive" the trails, as opposed to "ride" the trails. The trails I ride on in Ohio are big enough for a quad, like my XP 850. If I tried to drive a RZR on the trails it would fit, but not very well. This new Ace reminds me of the Honda pilot, which I always wanted but it was waaaay to expensive because I was like 12 and my dad certainly couldn't afford to buy me one. Now I'm 35 and want some real HP in my woods buggy. If the 850 isn't too big for my Sportsman quad, why the hell couldn't they put it in this buggy with a roll cage? I didn't buy the RZR because the one that fits in the woods has a smaller engine than my Sportsman. The excuse that the regular RZR, not the RZR S, is not wide enough for more power is bull crap. If my narrow, short, Sportsman can handle the 850 engine, I'm sure this new Ace could handle it. If they put a big engine in this thing, it will be my next purchase. I don't need cool shocks, cool rims/tires, stereo system, or whatever. I just need the buggy with a big engine. The rest can slowly be added as funds allow.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I see where your comin from. Without riding it, you or I don't really know if it's too tall, too short, not wide enough, or whatever. I look at it as being what I always wanted to "drive" the trails, as opposed to "ride" the trails. The trails I ride on in Ohio are big enough for a quad, like my XP 850. If I tried to drive a RZR on the trails it would fit, but not very well. This new Ace reminds me of the Honda pilot, which I always wanted but it was waaaay to expensive because I was like 12 and my dad certainly couldn't afford to buy me one. Now I'm 35 and want some real HP in my woods buggy. If the 850 isn't too big for my Sportsman quad, why the hell couldn't they put it in this buggy with a roll cage? I didn't buy the RZR because the one that fits in the woods has a smaller engine than my Sportsman. The excuse that the regular RZR, not the RZR S, is not wide enough for more power is bull crap. If my narrow, short, Sportsman can handle the 850 engine, I'm sure this new Ace could handle it. If they put a big engine in this thing, it will be my next purchase. I don't need cool shocks, cool rims/tires, stereo system, or whatever. I just need the buggy with a big engine. The rest can slowly be added as funds allow.
THe sportsman can handle the larger engine because the rider can move and adjust the weight location to help prevent rolling. You can't do that when you're in a seat. So you rely on the suspension and traction(or lack there of) to keep you upright. based on the design it's got a lower center of gravity than the sportsman with a rider, but with the sportsman you can adjust for changes in terrain, speed, pitch, yaw, etc. you can't do that in the ACE or a Rzr. You're relying on a combination of pedal control (=Traction control/speed control) and steering to keep you upright.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Has anyone seen the overall dimensions for the Ace yet?
The only specs they show are the wheel base, which at 61.5" is longer than the touring models at 57". and the weight which dry at 835 lbs out weighs the touring 850 XP at 789 dry.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts