Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was using the cable on my winch to lift my plow. First cable was not in that great of shape and it broke pretty quickly. I had ordered a new cable off Ebay and they gave me a free 6 foot plow cable. I ran that 6 footer for a bit and it broke. I stuck on the 50 footer and it started to show wear in no time. Granted I had a bad roller fairlead but when I put the new roller fair lead on I made a lift strap out of a 2" wide cargo strap I picked up at Harbor Freight.

Cut it to 5 feet long and make a 5" strip on the end and then used some electrical shrink tube on that. Stuck it on the winch and it works like a charm. No signs of wear other than the plastic on the hook is kind of cracked. Super cheap plow lift rope and no more headaches of broken winch cable.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
fred get a winch strap for a boat trailer....its 20 feet an 10.99 at wally world...works good for me..i seen others use the strap from a tie down just get a hook with latch for the end...chaep fix

here is the winch strap Shoreline Marine 20' Winch Strap: Fishing & Marine : Walmart.com if it pulls my 2200# boat up on trailer it will lift your plow..it does mine....

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, thats basically what I'm using. It has been working great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts