Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in MA. probably the worst State to ride in, What state has the most trails and best terrain to ride? MA has very limited areas you can ride without the Law on your but. :cop: Most of the places i ride are great trails with lots of rocks and mud. but there aren't many that are leagal to ride on. I have a Place in Maine were there is trails every were. In fact you probably wouln't need a car if you lived there, Just a good machine! There are trails that go right to some of the stores and you can drive right up to the gas pump and fuel up. If i had a good map i could ride right up to Canada.

My best experience has been in Maine so far.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Utah? Oregon? Washington if you like mud !!

·
Registered
441 Posts
west va. ........but we have a lot of ride areas here in ga [ we b blessed ]

·
Registered
369 Posts
Colorado is my favorite.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I think they are all awesome as each state has it's own unique scenery and riding conditions. I have ridden in 10 different states and Canada and they all were a blast.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I agree DDD,its hard to put "The Best" label on one particular place.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I agree DDD,its hard to put "The Best" label on one particular place.
I also agree, not only can you not put a "The Best" label on any one state because they all offer something different. But everyone's taste in what they like to ride is completely different also.

We can all give you our favorite places Jamieg but ultimately "The Best" is determined by you and your style.

And sjcarp, you actually just asked a question. :biglaugh: :wink1:

·
Registered
964 Posts
My favorite:

1. Southern Colorado
2. Northern NM (mountain trail riding)
3. Central NM (desert trail riding)

Heck...give me a State...and I will ride it! :yup:

biz
:cool:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Not too much in Louisiana except swamp's, cane field's and thick wood's that look like jungles.

·
Registered
765 Posts
so far i'd have to go with colorado also. i've ridden in ar, mo, tn and co and colorado has been the best for scenery for sure.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have ridden Co, AZ, CA, AK, NM and UT. Colorado has scenery without so much mud and Alaska has scenery with mud. Out of the above, these two are my favorites.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Northern Sask. It is awsome country but spring time you need snorks cause you be a swimmin LOL would like to try the mountains though.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Jealous!

Have ridden Co, AZ, CA, AK, NM and UT. Colorado has scenery without so much mud and Alaska has scenery with mud. Out of the above, these two are my favorites.
I'm quite envious of most of you guys. I just don't know how you guys can get out and ride so many places in so many different states especially people like you donwest. You live in AK yet you've ridden states as far south as NM and all along the rockies. I can barely make it to WV or NC for a weekend trip for me.

Do you guys usually drive all that way with your own 4-wheeler in tow or do you fly out there and rent quads to enjoy these experiences?

1 - 20 of 169 Posts