Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
That's the way most of the SxS guys around here set them up Bop. Remove the front and keep the rear.
Yup. Did the same with the General. Huge improvement.

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
That is a lot of flex in the front! I am not gonna buy a SxS any time soon, well we already have the Ranger but that's not a trail machine. I am partial to the Polaris models since I work at a dealership. But that looks like one bad ass machine there Bob!

·
9,423 Posts
That is a lot of flex in the front! I am not gonna buy a SxS any time soon, well we already have the Ranger but that's not a trail machine. I am partial to the Polaris models since I work at a dealership. But that looks like one bad ass machine there Bob!
Yep, I'm liking it too Stave.

·
Super Moderator
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have always been partial to Polaris as well. This is my first non-Polaris machine. Based on the specs, as well as all the video reviews I've watched, the KRX appears to be about the perfect rock crawler. 35" tires will fit with no modifications and no rubbing. Figured I had better buy one and give it a try. Only have about 70 miles on it, but have absolutely zero regrets so far. About ready to open it up and see what it really has. Installed a set of factory a-arm guards on it yesterday (really no aftermarket options available yet in UHMW) and I'm not overly impressed with them. They are HMW and only 1/4" thick. I will be replacing them with 3/8" UHMW when available, but for now, they are better than nothing.

·
Super Moderator
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Bought and installed a WARN VRX 45. I had been waiting for some aftermarket mounting brackets to become available, but decided I couldn't wait any longer. I bit the bullet and bought the Kawasaki mounting kit. $183 is what I ended up paying my dealer, out the door. The kit is more than just a couple of pieces of steel, but still overpriced. However, after doing the install, I would probably be willing to pay that amount again. It comes with all the wiring and switches, with the all wiring cut to the perfect length to fit the KRX. Hopefully other manufacturers will take note of what all Kawasaki did here. They installed tubing to run the cables from the winch directly to the battery box under the drivers seat. That is where the contactor mounts. They even put protective plastic wire loom over the exposed cables between the winch to the tube, and zip ties to attach the cables to the frame. One of the rods for the battery tie down is replaced with a rod that has a plate attached to it to mount the contactor on. SWEET!!! The cables are cut to the perfect length for the +/- battery connections to the contactor as well. No wads of extra wire to try to zip tie somewhere out of the way. Wire for the dash mounted remote and switch run through the same tube mentioned before, then up through a grommet in the "firewall" behind the dash. Again, wires are the perfect length to avoid the under dash rats nest. The bus bar is located behind the center section of the dash. Two screws and 6 plastic rivets and the panel jumps right off. Way easier access than the General.
The design and engineering of everything I've looked at on this machine should be the new standard that all new machines are built too. I am truly amazed every time I do something with it. The rear of the cage has mounting points for flags/whips, and keyed power leads directly below. Why doesn't everyone do this type of thing??? Don't need any flags, and absolutely hate the lighted whip craze, but am making use of the mounting points to mount a couple of work/reverse lights.

·
Super Moderator
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Sounds like a satisfied customer lol. (y)
LOL Yeah, so far. For this being Kawasaki's first ever sport UTV, as far as I can tell they got everything right. Time will tell, but as far as build quality and design of every aspect of the machine they are spot on. They say this machine was 5 years in development and it appears it was time well spent. Instead of rushing to jump on the band wagon, they took their time and did it right. As I said in my previous post, all the other manufacturers should study how this was done. Forget the ridiculous HP competition for a while and work on the whole machine.
If the KRX holds up, it's going to be the king of the hill for some time for trail riders and rock crawlers.

·
Super Moderator
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

·
Super Moderator
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
A little fun in the KRX yesterday. Went out and finished up the break in period. Now have 116 miles on it. The speed is a little deceptive in the video. Looks slow. It's not. :) Most of that course was run around 30-35 mph. It can be run quite a bit faster, I never came close to full throttle, but still learning this machine and finishing the break in.

·
Super Moderator
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Remember when 10-12" was considered great suspension travel??? :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Got the KRX out for it's first official trail ride this weekend. A little snow, a little ice, some rocky trails, a few slick hill climbs and a lot of fun. I believe it's a keeper. Very impressive trail machine.

·
Super Moderator
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
After sliding backwards down an ice covered trail a couple of weeks ago, with the blue RZR not far behind me, I decided a rear bumper might be a wise investment. :)

21 - 34 of 34 Posts