Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On my quest to make the sport of ATVing even more enjoyable I have thought time and time again how is the best way to tie down & secure a ATV? How many of you arrived at your destination to find that one of your straps broke either by age, rubbing or just plain failure? Also not to mention the time involved to crawl around your quad to tie it down in the cold and raining months?

2 weekends ago while we were product testing in N MI we arrive back at the trailer, loaded the quads up but it was too dark to tie them down. We waited to the next day. Big mistake. We awoke to a major ice storm making the joy of securing our expensive toys even more fun!

Well I had enough. I searched for the best item I could find to secure TheATVSuperStore.com demo with all its extras in transport and I FOUND IT!

My new tie down system arrived today. Total install is about 1 hour for one person. If you have 2 it will go much faster. This system can be installed or removed from the pickup or trailer in a matter of seconds. No tools needed.

Once installed you drive you quad up on the trailer. Get off, go to the rear and place the locking mechanism on the hitch and push down with your foot. BAM YOU ARE DONE! Takes off of 30 seconds. The kit also comes with a lock so you can secure your quad from theft.

So how does it work while on the road. It is awesome. You quad is secure and is going nowhere. It becomes a part of the trailer or your truck. Best of all when you arrive all you do is flip a lever and back your quad down. This also takes all of 30 seconds.

I am excited about this new ATVSuperStore product. Any questions feel free to call the shop and ask for Thor! Remember at TheATVSuperStore we test what we sell. If we do not like it we will not sell it! This all new ATV mounting system is TheATVSuperStore APPROVED! :susel:

A VIDEO ON HOW THIS SYSTEM WORKS IS ON OUR SITE. JUST CLICK ON THE LINK.

Hey! Looking for a safe & secure tie down system for your ATV or UTV?

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I have seen these before Thor!! They look great!!

I still have the idea in the back of my head to make them for myself... ;)

CW

·
Registered
85 Posts
These look awesome. I hate putting the straps on, taking them off, repeat, repeat, etc. This would be so much quicker. Very nice.

·
Registered
829 Posts
For a single quad trailer, could you bolt the front two cages down so you wouldn't have to remove them each time?

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can leave them on now all the time as they are mounted just tap it small screw to the floor to lock them in place. This system is awesome. Seriously only 30 seconds to mount up your quad on the trailer.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Espen & I met up with Ifixsharp (Greg and his wife) today for a days ride at the Cheese trails. (Nice to meet you both!). Its about 115 miles from our home. I used our new tie down system today for my XP and it did what it was designed for. I was on several very rough roads at higher speeds and also has the trailer airborne over some train tracks and the quad was sung as a bug in a rug! This is a great product for someone who does not want to mess with straps. Right Greg! ;-)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thor,
I just saw your ATV Mighty Tite on Fisher's ATV World. That was a nice little promo from them. Good Job Bro!!!

UTG

·
Registered
4 Posts
The best way to tie down an atv (or anything for that matter) is with opposing straps. If you have a strap pulling one way you must have one at the other end of your atv to pull against it. I use four straps on my atv, one pulling off each corner to floor tiedowns at about 45 degree angles. I used to drive OTR for Swift in the flatbed division and i've tied down alot of different size and odd shaped cargo and never had anything move an inch.

Also, I used cardboard anywhere a strap contacts an edge even if it feels smooth to the touch. Under pressure a strap can be cut or rubbed by a somewhat smooth edge.

I also don't buy cheap straps, been there done that. I got good 2" wide 20' long straps at home depot for 13 bucks each. They are very heavy, similar to the 2" and 4" straps that are used to secure loads on tractor trailers.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is anyone here using this set up? I kind of want want, but I am not sure 300+ is worth it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I figured. :) I was hoping someone else might have bought one by now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thor. Just received my plow and brush guard. Thanks for everything...

On to the real question. I bought an enclosed 2 place tilt sled trailer for my quad and sled. They both just fit now, but i'd like to know how the tie-down system would work on a sled trailer and how much more width is required beyone the wheels. I ahve an 2011 850XP with stock wheels and tires.

Q2. I also left the ski guides in the trailer for versatility and it makes it a pain in the ass to load the quad when wet. Do you have any big eye bolts i can use in place of the ski holder to winch against?

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hoping they have not stopped making these. I now have got around to buying, But they always seem to be out of stock...

·
Registered
385 Posts
This product looks like a nice option rather than checking your ratchet straps every 100 miles.

How will this hold up to the road-salt, snow, and ice ? I do a lot of winter trailering with an open trailer and steel products typically don't hold up long. Definitely a concern when looking at over $700 shipped for a pair of these.

You headed thru MN anytime soon to take a look at these in person? I would like to see a pair of these after a mid-west winter. Looks like an excellent product when shiny new or in an area where road-salt isn't a concern.

Got any videos with a go-pro mounted on the trailer to see a video of how they handle themselves on rough roads and highway speeds. ?

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This product looks like a nice option rather than checking your ratchet straps every 100 miles.

How will this hold up to the road-salt, snow, and ice ? I do a lot of winter trailering with an open trailer and steel products typically don't hold up long. Definitely a concern when looking at over $700 shipped for a pair of these.

You headed thru MN anytime soon to take a look at these in person? I would like to see a pair of these after a mid-west winter. Looks like an excellent problem when shiny new or in an area where road-salt isn't a concern.

Got any videos with a go-pro mounted on the trailer to see a video of how they handle themselves on rough roads and highway speeds. ?
Will have to let you know once winter is over. They are powder coated so I am sure the will be fine. They have been hot sellers. We have sold quite a few to fire & rescue units who use there units on all types of different terrain. Bot for ATV's and UTV's. If they can hold a 6x6 Ranger loaded with extras they will hold a Sportsman.

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Update on our tie down system. We are now in the 3rd production. We have 200 units sold so far and the feedback has only been only positive. May kits have sold to the different industries who transport their ATV's & UTV's on a daily bases, including fire & rescue. We are now offering 2 color choices on the powder coating.

Here is a link to the TDS system at our store as well as a new video taken at the factory showing how strong the system is. Again this system is 100% made in the USA!

http://www.theatvsuperstore.com/ATV-UTV-Tie-Down-System-s/106.htm

·
Registered
126 Posts
No offense Thor but if I had a choice I'd buy the super clamps. They fit larger tires and work every bit as good.

Sent while using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No offense Thor but if I had a choice I'd buy the super clamps. They fit larger tires and work every bit as good.

Sent while using Tapatalk 2
None taken. That is why there are choices in our world! Some prefer to pay over double the price for a system that is harder to use then ours. We just shipped two kits to a customer in Canada who purchase the SC system and returned it do to its design, size and how it worked.

Just a FYI. We have something in the works for up to 30x10 tires also.

Thor

1 - 20 of 32 Posts