Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I've been riding the trails here in NorthEastern Pennsylvania since the 70's.

Currently my Grizzly Quad is 45" wide and about 6'10" long. It's a 2007 700 EPS and it doesn't look like much has changed on that model over the years.

Riding conditions are varied, but the tightest of trails I ride can OCCASIONALLY have me just squeezing by, rarely needing a second pass.

I'm on a mission and am looking to get into a sport SXS, the choices are mind boggling. IE I don't know Jack about SXS except what I've researched over the last few weeks. I'm still in the process of talking to those I know that ride around here. Funny thing some don't even know how wide they. My one buddy has a 2011 Ranger RZR 800, It looks like the only width that year was 50'. He says he gets anywhere with a little finnese. The other buddy I spoke to told me his is a 2014 RZR 800. I've seen that one parked in his garage and it looks pretty big. He says his has been no problem size-wise, but he's pretty laid back and I've never rode with him so I have to take it with a grain of salt as well. Looks like if he had a 60" model if it's a 2014 RZR 800 but I could be wrong.

I understand a 50" wide will fit the tightest trails, but I'd much rather be in a 60" if possible. Ground clearance is just adequate on my Grizzly and I'd like to stay the same or better with the UTV. Looks like many of the trails around here have become a bit wider due to the increased popular of UTV's but I haven't had the chance to experience what it's like first hand yet. 10 years ago I was out every weekend. Now I use my quad more to plow than to ride, although I have no intentions of replacing it.

Has anyone gone with a 60" vs 50" wide and regretted it due to fitment issues ? I know the 50" is kind of a safe bet but I'd be more than willing to go with 60"/64" if I knew I wasn't going to regret it. When I get a chance I'll also hit a few of my neighbors up on this topic, some have what looks to be the newer XP, and 'm sure they're not doing the tightest of trails around here. But they're also not complaining, I see how effortlessly that size/suspension handles the whoops going down the railroad beds.

I'd appreciate any feedback/experience from You if you've faced this same dilemma yourself, it would really help to hear your thoughts/impressions.

Thanks Sincerely,

Joe

·
Premium Member
9,914 Posts
Hey Joe welcome to the forum!! I'm going to say you'll want to stay in the big bore class of UTVs. Also from everything I gather the general consensus is go as wide as possible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts