Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall, new here and just had a few questions. Iv got an 04 polaris sportsman 700 twin. I live in indiana, so the weather is always up in the air. I'm looking for an overall good tire for the bike. Iv kind of gone towards zillas recently after doing a lot of research. Is there another good tire out there? We do alot of trail riding, plenty of woods, water, Mudd & dry pack. Also I was curious on the tire size. Stock size on fronts are 25x8x12 & backs are 25×11×12. I'm thinking about going with 26 zillas but the fronts are a 9 (1 inch wider) not sure if I would have any rubbing?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
2 Posts
i went to a 26 9 12 and a 26 12 12 Carlisle mud wolf on my 2013 sportsman800 they fit fine in the rear but the fronts are extremely close i am going to get some 1 inch wheel spacers for all four corners to help with front clearance and a better stance,

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
You should check out RubberDownCustoms for wheel spacers.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the zillas for most uses. Great traction, but they ride pretty rough till you get over about 10-15mph on anything harder than mud.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
As mentioned, a 9" wide front tire will come very close or even rub the tie rod ends up front. Zillas are a little undersized and should clear. True to size will most likely rub.

Zillas are a little soft too, so if there are many rocks where you ride you might have some puncture issues. I do know people who haven't had flats just quick wear. For mostly trail riding, you can't go wrong with a radial.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts