·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here we go...tonight it started
First put in the NGK iridium plugs
Second...did a air box mod
Third...started to install my QSC Clutch kit
Hope to finish tomorrow and try to take it up the street.
Sucks cause there's almost 3 ft of snow on the ground and it's supposed to rain tomorrow
Also I will be ordering a K & N filter tomorrow as well
CANT WAIT :) to get her back together

Attachments

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
what do you do to "mod" the airbox? wondering if there is something i can do to help my 850 Sprtsman breathe

·
Registered
170 Posts
Way to get on it Sherriff, that thing is going to be ridiculous! I barely find time to get all my adders on let alone think about performance mods. Can't wait for warmer days, all that snow is half melted from the rain....now its getting colder and going to turn into nasty hard snow/ice. Just can't catch a break this winter

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The air box mod is really not a mod it's just removing the rubber snorkel on top of the air box, these machines need air, I'm ordering a K&N air filter as well today. Also I might do some cutting of the air box as well if needed

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
i would leave the snorkel on there, and cut out the opening a bit more. i did that on my 850 and it helped out a bit. i removed the snorkel on mine for a little while and the airbox would pack full of shit. If you end up removing the gauge pod and relocating it in front of the seat, you can cut out a little more under the speedo, order another snorkel and put it in between the speedo and the seat. it will help suck some fresh air. heres the only picture i have. i would take some pictures, but my machines in the shop getting a new frame put under it.

·
Registered
944 Posts
What about those airbox lids that have the top cut open and a filter skin installed so it breathes better but still keeps out the nasties/water ? I forget who makes them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i would leave the snorkel on there, and cut out the opening a bit more. i did that on my 850 and it helped out a bit. i removed the snorkel on mine for a little while and the airbox would pack full of shit. If you end up removing the gauge pod and relocating it in front of the seat, you can cut out a little more under the speedo, order another snorkel and put it in between the speedo and the seat. it will help suck some fresh air. heres the only picture i have. i would take some pictures, but my machines in the shop getting a new frame put under it.
What tires do you have

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I don't really get why guys would buy a new machine in January, unless you get extended warranty, it will be up halfway thru summer. Not to mention you can't even enjoy it!

Guess thats the price you pay to be the "first one"......

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't really get why guys would buy a new machine in January, unless you get extended warranty, it will be up halfway thru summer. Not to mention you can't even enjoy it!

Great post thanks Eh
not to worried about the warranty, But since your so concerned Polaris gave a 1 yr warranty on this quad
And I've been enjoying it just fine thanks

·
Registered
1,775 Posts

This does not apply to me...lol...I live in Louisiana and it doesn't get cold enough to keep you from riding most of the time, I think our lowest was around 22-24f this year. Shit, were around 70 today...

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
What about those airbox lids that have the top cut open and a filter skin installed so it breathes better but still keeps out the nasties/water ? I forget who makes them.
EHS makes that. i thought about running one, but seems like it may pack full of shit, and its kind of a pain in the ass to get to to clean.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
i live in vermont and still ride year round. i think its the best time of the year to ride. every things froze up so you can go anywhere.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah cleaning that top filter would be a PITA as apposed to just pulling out and cleaning a K&N once in a while...I'm still considering doing some air box cutting

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
If you end up removing the gauge pod and relocating it in front of the seat, you can cut out a little more under the speedo, order another snorkel and put it in between the speedo and the seat.
That's a pretty badass mod you did, makes it even sportier! Did you write it up somewhere and I missed it??

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok finished doing my mods today and now I'm just waiting for my K & N filter to come in tomorrow morning. Then I will be doing some test runs:)

Attachments

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Some more pics
This was the first time I've ever worked on a automatic transmission atv
Special thanks to ridinagain for giving me help on the phone with this kit even though I didn't buy it from him...great guy and great service...thanks again

Attachments

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
If you end up removing the gauge pod and relocating it in front of the seat, you can cut out a little more under the speedo, order another snorkel and put it in between the speedo and the seat.
That's a pretty badass mod you did, makes it even sportier! Did you write it up somewhere and I missed it??
I got the idea from rick cecco on here. Im pretty sure hes got a thread on here showing it.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I got the idea from rick cecco on here. Im pretty sure hes got a thread on here showing it.
Great, thanks!

Curbsmash, do you feel the kit has helped??

1 - 20 of 40 Posts