Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Brutt 3000 electric jack for the tongue of our quad trailer.
Bought it from Etrailer.com, they are great people to give my hard earned money to, they are located in Missouri.
The wife always had the duty to raise and lower the hand crank jack that the trailer came with, on the John Deere garden tractor front trailer ball and or the truck ball.
She has been complaining for a while now, so, I said I would treat her to a nice addition to the quad trailer))
Life is so much better now, knowing she is happier while performing her duties.
With my added battery on the trailer, it was a synch hooking up the power.
I also built a dolly that the jack pad sits in, we can spin the 14 foot trailer around the drive way and garage like nothing at all.
Please, lets not get this thread locked also((((
I still need to paint it red as soon as I get to it, no, no orange on this trailer ;)
Haven't you all given me enough s**t.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Noooooooooooooooooo

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I've put them on my big trailers, but never seen one on a 600lb trailer lmao. They're definately great to have though, debated to put one on my car hauler the other day when I had to replace the worn out top crank jack, but said nahh, put a 5000lb Reese top crank on it and my 5yr old jacked it off the truck when we got back from a little squirt ride the other day, he likes doing it for some reason, makes him feel like he has a job to do, so I let him run with it.

Nissan going to be able to handle the tongue weight of a loaded utility trailer and now adding a marine battery to the nose too ;)

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I have a 3500 lb one on my 6 place tandem axle deckover. I installed it so it was easier to lift trailer and back of tow vehicle to set the weight distribution hitch. I have a deep cycle marine battery installed on my trailer as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I am curious to know why you didn't just bolt it to the mounting hole in the coupler though? The 2.5" hole surrounded by 3 little bolt holes? I'm assuming you welded it next to the original manual jack to make sure the tailgate would not hit it while connected?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
U.N.C.L.E. the weight of the tongue is about 280 pounds and makes the Nissan squat about 1.1/5 inches, when
trailer is loaded.
When I ordered the trailer a year and a half ago, I ordered the set back jack so the truck tail gate could be lowered
ok.
A great feature for stepping thru from side to side.
Today, I will add the 30 amp breaker inside my battery box behind the axle.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I notice the two upright frames in your original post on the deck near the front rail. Curious what they are for? Serious question as I don't see them in the second post pics

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I notice the two upright frames in your original post on the deck near the front rail. Curious what they are for? Serious question as I don't see them in the second post pics
I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean, sorry.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
First post 5th picture. Painted red, twice as tall as trailer railing. Bolted to trailer bed and trailer rail. Look to be about 3' tall and 1' wide made out of square tube. 2 of them mounted where tongue meets trailer.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Ok. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
OK, now I get it, them are what I drive the wife's tires into, with out them, the 570s handle bars would move a small amount.
Now, the handle bars are straight, as I synch the front end down with a 2.1/2 inch compressed small chain binder.

·
Administrator
898 Posts
That's a nice trailer Mark. I like the way it's set up.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's a nice trailer Mark. I like the way it's set up.
Thank you very much.
I/we have lots and lots of hours into it making it better for our quads and on us.
But, I am a welder by trade, so, that part comes real easy and I love to tinker, so to speak.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts