Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They say 50% brighter anyone try them ? Why are they not stock? More money. More Money. More Money. They sure know how to keep there hands on a guys wallet...LOL BUT I NEED MORE LIGHT .

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Have you given LED lights any thought? They are super bright. I saw some pure Polaris Xenon bulbs for $20 on amazon.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I have seen the LEDs are pricey 3-4 hundred bucks for a set up for that I could go wheelen for a week ( beer, bed,breakfest ,and fuel) what can I say I'm cheap. Lol

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I hear ya. I recently picked up an 18 watt LED for $28 on amazon & that thing is bright. I don't need to do a 3 headlight mod now. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Just ordered the Polaris xeono bulbs will post how they work 27 bucks seems like a start will post the results.[/QUOTE

Please do! I've heard good things about them. If they work out I may get a set aswell.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Polaris Xenon Bulbs

I got these last year and the light is a lot whiter and brighter than the stock bulbs. Only thing that sucks they come in packs of 2. so I bought two packs so i could replace replace my pod bulb also. I would like to see a set of Polaris led headlights in the dark to see how bright they are, but $450 is to steep of price for me.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Anyone do a HID conversion? Probably 200% brighter than stock and I know you can get kits for cars and trucks for well under $100...

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I have HID on all my quads. Got them from Thor here on the site. May go to LED when price becomes realistic but until then these are unreal.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Polaris xenon bulbs are a great upgrade. Put them on mine when a corn stalk ripped out original bulb on one side. I did 3 light mod and only issue is that they aren't as bright when all 3 are on unless you're at 3000 rpm or more, still very bright and a great addition to any sportsman.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I hear ya. I recently picked up an 18 watt LED for $28 on amazon & that thing is bright. I don't need a 3 headlight mod now. Just a thought.
Any pictures? I think most of these guys are thinking of the Polaris Headlight assemblies. You can buy decent LED bulbs that have 5 or so LED's in them to would replpace the stock bulbs, without ballasts.

I have HID's in my 850 and I don't like how you have the extra ballast and wiring hanging around in the front fo the wheeler. I am looking into LED bulb replacements now. My brother owns an audio/custom shop here in MA, and here is a Newer Benz with LED Low Beam Head Lights, he sells and installs them. hes loking today for an 880 set so I can try them out. will let you guys know. they are around $40-50 a pair

·
Registered
69 Posts
I did the Polaris bulb upgrade as well as the 3 light mod.. I do find the new bulbs brighter but i cannot recommend the 3 light mod in my case.. my extra fuel tanks are mounted on my front rack and I find the bright red at night distracting.. I am not a fan of the HID lights because I installed them in my truck and they are flaky at best.. but that is only based on my experience with them. The best light on my bike is my LED light bar..yes it was expensive.. but for 32 watts.. it is like the night sun..

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Polaris xenon bulbs are a great upgrade. Put them on mine when a corn stalk ripped out original bulb on one side. I did 3 light mod and only issue is that they aren't as bright when all 3 are on unless you're at 3000 rpm or more, still very bright and a great addition to any sportsman.
Did you do the diode mod or the relay??

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
LEDs can be had pretty cheap.. I bought my 6" 18 watt spots and 18 watt floods for about $30 each with free shipping from China.. DH Gate... Just search up Atv led and you'll find loads.

Sent from my highly abused iPhone using Tapatalk

yes I am aware it's not on a Polaris, but crappy lights go along with all Atvs.

Reactions: Corbett1973

·
Registered
294 Posts
I put a set of the Pure Polaris Xenon 50w bulbs in mine a month or so ago. Big upgrade from the factory bulbs. So big, there's no sense in even turning on my high beam with the factory bulb still in it as it does absolutely nothing to add additional light output now.

I have no idea why they don't offer singles for these. I don't want to spend another $27 for one bulb for the high beam.

Reactions: Corbett1973

·
Registered
294 Posts
On a side note... does anyone know if an H11 bulb will fit the 886 socket? Several bulbs are labelled as H11/886 so it makes it seem as if they might.

That would open up a lot of options since H11 bulbs seem to be more available than the 886.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
18 watt floods

LEDs can be had pretty cheap.. I bought my 6" 18 watt spots and 18 watt floods for about $30 each with free shipping from China.. DH Gate... Just search up Atv led and you'll find loads.

yes I am aware it's not on a Polaris, but crappy lights go along with all Atvs.
Those look like what I have. But I only bought one.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It amazes me how white your LEDs are compared to the stock headlights.
The LEDs are wild bright. I was riding my ATV down the side of the road the 250 yards from my house to my brother in laws place,, met up with my mother driving up the road in her car.. She tells me later she was freaked out and didn't even know what the hell it was.. She said she nearly had to pull over, she was blinded. Scary but kinda funny too... So yeah, there bright .. Haha

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did the diode mod on mine and I bet that the relay mod would work better for providing additional power to the bulbs rather than them dimming at an idle. LED's are the ultimate fix for any scenario but I don't need that much light for any application, as of yet anyways. I would like to put an auxiliary light on the back for working at night and for hooking/unhooking my trailer/straps etc. Do you guys with the LED light bars have them wired in with the headlights or separately?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts