Registered
2,352 Posts
the 350 or 400's 2 strokes do not.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 350 or 400's 2 strokes do not.
Thanks . This is my problem. Just had the oil and water seal replaced. Mechanic told me he let it run and rode around his place and every this look good. I rode it about 1000 yds when I go home and nothing. Rode saturday about 1-2/10 mile ran HOT and stayed hot. Never had before. Borought home and rode about 2/10 mile. no problem.

rode yesterday about 1-1½ miles. no problem fan didn't even come on. It was a little cooler.

Any ideas what I may need to check?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
There's a lil 10 mm burp bolt on the top of the engine head, loosen or remove it and coolant should seep out,this gets rid of any air you have in the system and the engine needs not be running. Top off the radiator and you should be good to go .
Could check the fan switch, it should be on top of the radiator , make sure irt's plugged in and making good connection.
Was the cooling fan running, when the temp. light was on?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's a lil 10 mm burp bolt on the top of the engine head, loosen or remove it and coolant should seep out,this gets rid of any air you have in the system and the engine needs not be running. Top off the radiator and you should be good to go .
Could check the fan switch, it should be on top of the radiator , make sure irt's plugged in and making good connection.
Was the cooling fan running, when the temp. light was on?
The fan would run about 20 seconds after I hit kill switch so I assume it was running. I did open rad cap and it boiled a little water.Refilled and the I tested with no problem. Need to run it again. This I may have gotten air out > I had a moron tear this down and it sat for a year or more before I got a mechanic to put back together. I was thinking vapor lock because it ran hot so quick.

Got to find that burp screw just hope it backs out. Easy to get to?

Thanks for you help. I use this for huntin and have been without fro over a year. Most mechanics hate Polaris but I like this one, Never had a problem till now. Also was my Dad's so want to keep it going

1 - 5 of 5 Posts