Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know it's way to early , but I hope early enough to agree on date, mark in calendar , make arrangements and lodging reservations>etc. What I'd like to ride is Hatfield McCoy trails system in West Virginia, and I plan to make this happen in late August early Sept. / one week trip / just wonder how many ppl can join us?
As some of you already know I sold my extreme ATV, and new owner got hooked. He's skills are so good as he have no fear at all... he likes speeds like most of us, and last trip to BRF wasn't enough for him.
Good thing about trails in WV, is variety of trails, difficulties lvl's, what's more you can ride UTV, ATV and Dirt bikes ! so going for one week you can have fun on every machine you bring, you buy just one sticker on your helmet not for every machine. 800 miles of trails... -that is what I found out from youtube... so, who's in ?

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I am up for it! Not sure about the wife, haven't talked about it at all but it has been on my list.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
I'd love to do that ride. But, it's all about timing for me.

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i wont have any schedules until feb or march .
this ride I plan for late August , if late August is to late then maybe late July.? or early Aug. ?
It's just a plan for now. have no dates or nothing planned yet, just want to see how many ppl is on fire to go there...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
958 Posts
Were thinking about going out there!
Have to decide on what trip(s) we want to do. Don’t know if we will do Colorado again or LBL and/or Hatfield

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
I would be interested in a late August trip!

·
Registered
958 Posts
We are going for a week, leaving on August 23rd.
Having trouble planning camping right now though. We want to ride pinnacle and buffalo mountain but can’t find a campground for buffalo mountain. We need to stay away from rocky trails for this trip so would want a campground with access and not have to ride too rough of stuff to get to buffalo mt.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Too late in the year for me, back in school that week. Hope you guys have a great trip!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
I would go again......

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Yeah, but would they go with you is the question.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We are going for a week, leaving on August 23rd.
Having trouble planning camping right now though. We want to ride pinnacle and buffalo mountain but can’t find a campground for buffalo mountain. We need to stay away from rocky trails for this trip so would want a campground with access and not have to ride too rough of stuff to get to buffalo mt.
https://wvstateparks.com/park/panther-state-forest/
did you check this site ? it's halfway between Pocachontas and Buffalo mountain . little to the west of both . true there are not many options for camping around HMT other that over priced trail head camps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts