Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a blue 2014 sportsman 400 for my 13 yr old son. He has been riding for years and he rides my wife wolverine 450 a lot but it would be nice for us all to be able to cruise. So just how good are these 400 ' s
Also there on sale for 5199.00 and I can get 200 more off.so 4999.00 good price?

·
Registered
454 Posts
I was going to exclaim that he'd be getting lightly used if he was my son but that is pretty cheap imo.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have looked for a used quad but it seems everyone thinks they have some spectacular machine. .lol
I think they must be:joint:

·
Registered
16 Posts
bought the 14 sportsman 400 in blue a couple weeks ago and I know I havent had it long but im completely satisfied so far no complaints

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
So I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a blue 2014 sportsman 400 for my 13 yr old son. He has been riding for years and he rides my wife wolverine 450 a lot but it would be nice for us all to be able to cruise. So just how good are these 400 ' s
Also there on sale for 5199.00 and I can get 200 more off.so 4999.00 good price?
For under 5 grand get it and don't look back. The 400 (actually a 455) Fuji engine is basically the same engine as the tried and true 500. With proper maintenance it should give your son many years of reliable fun.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Good choice & good price!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
thats a good price and will be great to have your kid ride with you...do week ends on trails....but the long outcome is...once he is a good rider...you may end up on the 400 an he on the 1000....hahah...the come on dad let me try it...later dad....

·
Registered
729 Posts
X2 what fuse said.

·
Premium Member
10,352 Posts
darin has a nice blue one sitting right out front.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I bought these 2012 sportsman 400 and we ride a lot and they have been trouble free and ride oh so good!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
978 Posts
x3 what fuse said

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I was looking at it yesterday and bs ing with Darin
I buy a lot of stuff from those guys and they treat me right
Where you from? Darin told me someone was talking about me from the forums
btw thanks to everyone it seems like the 400 is a very well liked machine:)

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
They are great machines. As close to the performance of the 500 as any atv out there. He wont be disappointed, nor should you for that price...enjoy

·
Registered
901 Posts
My buddy that bought my 850 xp has a 2005 400 its a great machine. Plenty of power and very comfy.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wonder how it would compare to my wife's 08 wolverine 450 power wise?

·
Premium Member
10,352 Posts
yeah they are good people over there. that was me. I was telling darin about ur experiences with the 1K. in particular I was telling him about the hill climb u did when ur boys said I were nuts to take a brand new $14,000 machine up a long steep snow covered icy hill climb, he just laughed and said "I can believe it".

im in New Windsor, a half hour east of cycle motion.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Better plan, buy the 400 for the wife, and hand down the wolverine. Your son has a much better back and will recover from the trails better than your wife.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Better plan, buy the 400 for the wife, and hand down the wolverine. Your son has a much better back and will recover from the trails better than your wife.
God idea...... happy wife = happy life!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Ridinagain you solved it. I would do that too. We kept our Yamaha 350 bruin when friends or our kids want to go with us. And yes happy wife happy life is so true!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Wolverine likely a better fit for ur son at 13 unless he is a big strong kid. When I had a 2012 400 it did good for what it is...it is a big machine though ...much larger and heavier than the wolverine (which I think is a great quad)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 54 Posts