Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone built a XP chassis highlifter ? What are the best axles to use ? Best kit ? Any shock/spring upgrades needed ? Thinking about this being a winter project . I want to build it right so it's reliable .

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Highlifter, S3, Outkast, Catvos and Superatv make big lifts for xp's. The Outkast/catvos 5in keep the bikes a bit skinnier. The satv is super wide and would skip that option. HL/s3 are the biggest.
Most come with shock brackets now that help stiffen it up.
I like turners for axles.
Upgrade your pinion cover if you haven't.
Steering knuckles need to be opened up for bigger axles, Made a post in the mud section about it.
Gear reduction works awesome too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know 807viking . I appreciate the response . Will the 5" and 6" lifts that claim to be for 850 and 1000 only still fit my 550 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Good to know 807viking . I appreciate the response . Will the 5" and 6" lifts that claim to be for 850 and 1000 only still fit my 550 ?

I don't see why not, the frames the same on all. I think they shortened the shocks slightly in 2014 so the scrambler and sportsman could use the same ones.

Ranger gears would help you out a lot to ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I don't see why not, the frames the same on all. I think they shortened the shocks slightly in 2014 so the scrambler and sportsman could use the same ones.

Elaborate a little more on using ranger gears . Is this swap done in the diffs ?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts

Elaborate a little more on using ranger gears . Is this swap done in the diffs ?

In the trans, see here http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/mud-pit/96025-so-you-want-gear-reduction-xp-bikes-2.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts