Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and the better half are going to be going to hatfield mc coy with a few guys I used to work with this summer. she currently rides a little Yamaha raptor 250, wich isn't much fun in the rough stuff.

So we plan to sell the raptor and she wants a new 570. How is everyone liking theirs? I went and looked at a few, everything thing looks good on them, I just don't like were the battery is.

Whats a good price with and without power steering. im leaning more towards the power steering.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Swamp, you know you gotta spring for PS if it's for her. Definitely get the PS. She'll be grateful and enjoy riding it so much more.

These 570's sure seem to be selling well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Picked mine up in Sept for $6800 with EPS. I like the quad but I have had some issues once it got cold (mostly starting problems).

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
There have been ALOT of reported issues with cold weather starting and operation with the 570 that Polaris hasn't figured out....Its a great machine and not everybody has had the issues but there is an alarmingly high number of them out there that have had problems.

Id save the $$ get her a tried and true 400 (actually a 455). You can pick them up for less than 5 grand. If you feel you need power steering down the road you can add an aftermarket kit.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Get the 570 the 500 and 400 are under powered.. I have no problems with mine and you won't regret having that power for the price..The problems you hear are a handful and the prostar motor is going to be around for a long time now..

·
Registered
777 Posts
Even with the small problems I've had I'd buy it again. Get power steering. Not even debatable. I have a post with what I paid.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
xxxxxxx

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi new to the forum as well.. but am also thinking about picking up a new 570 but am worried about the new battery placement to i do a lot of water riding and worried will it be a problem with the battery under water/mud

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
The battery placement is not a big deal. Better than under the rear fender.

After having been on this forum for awhile and hearing about some of the teething issues as new members have joined with 570's I'd recommend a 400 or an 800 over the 570 until they get the bugs worked out of it. They have a great thing with the 570 but there are issues that need to be addressed. Its not just on this forum, there have been problems locally as well.

·
Registered
130 Posts
hi new to the forum as well.. but am also thinking about picking up a new 570 but am worried about the new battery placement to i do a lot of water riding and worried will it be a problem with the battery under water/mud
It's not really an issue. I use my 570 to when hunting the swamps of Eastern NC. and have had it submerged numerous times without any problems. It's location does make it easy to clean and service , however.

·
Registered
6 Posts
how much smaller is the 570/400 than the 07 500 i was looking at the new 570 but it looked a lot smaller than my 500. mabey just my tires? was asking the sales man but couldn't get any good info complete tool

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Physically the 570/400 should be slightly larger if anything compared to your 07'. The 570 has a narrow seat and thinner plastics than the VL 2013 models. I'm not sure about the 14' 400 but if its the same as the 13' compare the 400 and 570 side by side and you'll see what I mean about the seats and plastics.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank y'all for the info a lot better than the tool at Polaris I wil be sure to let every one know what I go with and my opinion. Any more pros or cons about the 570?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I love mine. Lots of power, easy to turn without p/s even in 4 low plowing a foot of snow. -40 out and absolutely no problems starting. I would upgrade the tires though.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
shes pretty set on the 570. I brought up the 400 but she said she wants something with a little more power. she rides my 850 around and does good on that. these machines are to expensive to be using as a submarine, so I try to stay away from water as much as possible.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the dealer here in town has a white 570 with ps. I think that's the one we will end up getting.

·
Registered
944 Posts
the dealer here in town has a white 570 with ps. I think that's the one we will end up getting.
A very wise choice. It's way sharp looking, will look great with your ride and absolutely no doubt the PS will greatly enhance her day. She'll love it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts