Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone explain the larger rear rack? What is the stock number? Will the rack support the larger lock and ride box? Reason I'm asking spare fuel is a must, I need to be able and carry at least a 2 gallon flat pac attached to hard box.
Fender extender flares also a must and I found them on ebay.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Even without the larger rack any large hard box could be mounted to it. If it sticks out past the rack and rubs the fender tops you could raise it up a little with a piece of plywood or something.

There is also a built in rack on the front of the Scrammy that you could use to haul you fuel packs quite nicely.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Friend of mine says the 2 gallon fuel ROPAX won't attach to front rack. Something about they hit the front flares. Haven't tried it myself however.
I was hoping someone had already put the large rear rack on and had some definitive answers what was needed. I'm not a real believer in the lock and ride box but figured if it worked many other storage options would also. I had to do a permanent mount on my Sportsman to keep it from popping off. I swear I don't think they ever loaded the lock and ride box and tested it in the real world.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you adjust your locknride pins ? They can be adjusted to fit tighter.
Many times trying to keep it on, even bought a new lock and ride pin. Finally went to Ubolts. What it is if you have any substantial weight inside the box and ride apparently the way I do they will fail. Usually on whooped areas at speed is where I would pop one out. I keep my box loaded with tools, fuel pacs mounted, food drinks all day trip, tow strap, bolt cutter, air pump, snatch block, sledge hammer for straightening bent rims etc. so I'm not running around with 25 lbs in the box. We do 150 mile rides so extra fuel is a must also.

·
Registered
170 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Archer- Any thoughts on waiting for a Sportsman 1000 and that will solve all your requirements? I would assume with the scrambler 1000 being in high demand that it will be crazy for it not to come out. Just a thought

Mickeydozzer has a similar set-up and he did not use the larger rack, here is the link:
http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/polaris-scrambler-xp/41238-ok-i-need-storage-4.html

Also some of his pics
Your probably right, the sportsman has everything I need. Just wasn't sure if they would come out with the 1000 in the sportsman. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I am waiting on the 1000 Sportsman

1 - 9 of 9 Posts