Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really thinking about trading my 850 for a RZR. I'd like to be able to bring my son or daughter on rides. I think it'd be easier for ice fishing as well. The 850 racks are not great for putting stuff on etc.

Anyone done the switch?

I wonder what trade in would be?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
My friend traded his 2013 850 Touring LE in for a 570 LE RZR. they gave him $7500 for his machine (~400 miles on it)

he loves it. th ewife is more comfortable and he can bring his dog. i would suggest an 800, as i feel the 570 lacks what the 850 gave him. he doesnt seem to mind it. but when i drove it, it doesnt have the same wow factor for me.

overall though, its a pretty sweeet machine, and its under 50"

·
Registered
195 Posts
I guess I may as well chime in.
I got a Rzr a month after my Scrambler.
Now I have both.
The Scrambler is for me, the Rzr is for my wife to drive my daughter around or for me when she is not on it.

I thought about making this decision when I got rid of my Outlander but was unsure if I would miss having an atv.

Currently I have 17 hours on my Scrambler and 5 on the Rzr. Winter has been brutal!

But I can 100% tell you, whenever there is a chance for me to ride one it is always the Rzr I want. We have a '14 800 XC and it is so much fun.

If I had to sell one, it would definitely be the Scrambler (or any atv) over the Rzr hands down.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My friend traded his 2013 850 Touring LE in for a 570 LE RZR. they gave him $7500 for his machine (~400 miles on it)

he loves it. th ewife is more comfortable and he can bring his dog. i would suggest an 800, as i feel the 570 lacks what the 850 gave him. he doesnt seem to mind it. but when i drove it, it doesnt have the same wow factor for me.

overall though, its a pretty sweeet machine, and its under 50"
Great info

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I may as well chime in.
I got a Rzr a month after my Scrambler.
Now I have both.
The Scrambler is for me, the Rzr is for my wife to drive my daughter around or for me when she is not on it.

I thought about making this decision when I got rid of my Outlander but was unsure if I would miss having an atv.

Currently I have 17 hours on my Scrambler and 5 on the Rzr. Winter has been brutal!

But I can 100% tell you, whenever there is a chance for me to ride one it is always the Rzr I want. We have a '14 800 XC and it is so much fun.

If I had to sell one, it would definitely be the Scrambler (or any atv) over the Rzr hands down.
Thanks, i just find it hard to ride with the kids etc.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I've thought about getting SxS's but when it comes down to it, I like to be able to ride the machine. If I wanted to sit in one I'd buy a used jeep and deck it out for the cost of some of the SxS's. I'm still considering getting one for the wife/kids but we'll see. Right now we've got two trail ready atv's and with the kids the age they are, that's enough. Next year I'll be adding a 570 to the stable and the year after that probably a rzr 170. but we'll see.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have an 850T and got a 2013 RZR-S in December. I love the 850 but have not ridden it since I got the RZR. I think which RZR you get depends on where you ride. I ride a lot of WV Outlaw trails and the RZR is much safer, hill climbs like a goat and on real rutted trails you don't have to worry about picking a line. My 850 has EPS and the RZR does not at this time.
I bought my RZR used with 800 miles on it and it came with doors, top, windshield, rear shield, very strong front bumper, 4,000lb warn winch and a couple of other goodies, I paid $10,500. I mention this because the add-ons for a RZR can mount up. Depending on where and when you ride you don't need all of them. I have since bought mirrors and a radio.
4 of my hard core ATV riding buddies have all gotten RZR's in the last few months and all say "Why didn't I do this earlier". They came from Honda's and CanAm's.
We all got S's or 900XP's for the suspension. Depending upon what type of trails you ride the suspension on these are worth it. We ride some rough trails and I rode a buddies 570 and thought it was too rough for these old bones.

·
Registered
815 Posts
If they trails in your area don't require atv only, I would get a rzr. Sxs rides are so much fun. It's a whole different experience, plus your a lot less sore at the end of the day. I would have a rzr 570 trail if the main atv place I go allowed them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
After many ATVs, I bought a RZR 800 in 2011 but am now back to a 850XP. RZR is cool, but the 800 is a dog compared to the 850. Also, just a totally different feel - seat belts are very confining, rear visibility sucks, just not as fun as an ATV to me.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've thought about getting SxS's but when it comes down to it, I like to be able to ride the machine. If I wanted to sit in one I'd buy a used jeep and deck it out for the cost of some of the SxS's. I'm still considering getting one for the wife/kids but we'll see. Right now we've got two trail ready atv's and with the kids the age they are, that's enough. Next year I'll be adding a 570 to the stable and the year after that probably a rzr 170. but we'll see.
I am willing to help you change your mind about that.
We can go riding together, and you can try out my RZR.
A RZR is better than a jeep in SO many ways.

Lighter.
Smaller.
Faster on the trails.
Less likely to break crap on the trails.
A crapload more fun to drive.
Fits places a jeep won't.
Easier to winch out of a tight spot.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
but there is one thing a jeep can do in Wa that a Rzr can't. Drive down the highway.

but I'd be happy to go ride some time.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Too true. Lotta these 4x4 guys don't keep their crawlers street legal. There's a trade off there as well - off road performance vs street usage.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
to true, but if I'm going to spend that kind of money on something I'm going to sit in, it better be street legal.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Our plan was to trade our two up 850 for an RZR this spring but I think we will wait for some other brand. We have a Rhino at home and would like to keep it and get something a little more sporty.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
More and more of my friends have been switching to SXS's. I use my ATV for plowing driveway and riding trails and a lot of ice fishing on lakes. Now that friends have switched to SXS's I dont have as many riding buddies. Also, My kids are getting a little older and would feel safer with them seatbelted in and be able to include them on rides.

·
Registered
190 Posts
A friend of mine has a 2012 900 xp he's been wanting to trade to my 850 xp. Well he pretty much wants to buy mine for pay off and let me have his for pay off. I have rode 4 wheelers all my life I just have alot of fun on them, but my fiancé loves to ride to and she rides with me alot. She don't really care either way but I know we could both ride more comfortably I just don't know if I can justify the diffrence in money.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I had a ranger xp, it was a great machine, but I prefer a quad.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
My riding group just had this discussion this last weekend at burning rock. We have met so many people there and at hatfield that have made the switch and they all seem to love the rzr's.

The do climb like a billy goat and I would only consider a rzr s to get the suspension and only be marginally wider than a quad. It would be nice to take one of the boys with me as well as it is likely a couple years before I would take him on a quad to hatfield. However, I like to ride an atv hard, using body English to whip the rear end out and power to wheelie at will....the rzr's just seem like they wouldn't be as fun. Rode with a few at hatfield and they couldn't keep up with us on the trails...maybe they were into sight seeing, I dunno?? If I lived out west with some desert, sand and open areas, I think a rzr 1000 would be the cats meow though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Oh, a lot of the guys we talked to did say if one of our group bought a rzr it wouldn't be long before all of us did.....I just can't see it, but u never know....might rent one at burning rock for half day to try it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
222 Posts
I actually have a Ranger 570 now. Not as sporty as a rzr would be but it has it's advantages as well. I do miss the atv at times because it was more nibble in the tight spots in the trees, etc. The Ranger is warmer with the roof and windshield and back window. Will see how summer is. Gotta work on cutting down the dust though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts