Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has pissed me off! First time using my warn plow and the mount (front mount) bolts came lose and fell out. The 2 side bolts. I can't figure out if they are metric or standard. I think the threads are messed up and I don't know how to fix them. I can't seem to get a nut on the back side. Any ideas?

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2007 500x2 le
860 Posts
Run a tap through them and clean up the threads once u figure out what kind they r but judging by your post they likly weren't tight when u started plowing I'd try some loctite on the threads ! I'm gonna say metric threads maybe pull a bolt out else where on the plow ? All should be either metirc or standard ?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd love to run a tap through them if I knew what size they were. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
575 Posts
They are M8, but I am unsure of the thread pitch. Mine stripped out, they are self tapping bolts and loosened up during the first year I had the plow. I drilled the holes bigger and put 5/16" u-nuts in place of the tapped holes in the frame

·
Registered
575 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picked up a couple of those U bolts at the auto store and some grade 8 bolts. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Lowes and Home Depot both have them here. Just look in the bolt cabinets for "speed nuts" . Would suggest using loctite on the threads.

Glad you got it fixed..looks like more white stuff heading your way at the end of the week.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not fixed yet. But I do have the parts. I should have known those cheap bolts were never gunna work.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok I fixed that today. Buy now I've lost one of the pins that hold the plow to the mount. That pin retainer sucks. Anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
provantage front mount problem

They are M8, but I am unsure of the thread pitch. Mine stripped out, they are self tapping bolts and loosened up during the first year I had the plow. I drilled the holes bigger and put 5/16" u-nuts in place of the tapped holes in the frame
How did you are sent the u bolts? I have a 2005 sportsman 600 and my bolts stripped out. There is no way to put a but on since the bolt goes into the square frame tube. Any help on how to fix this would be appreciated.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just clip them on over the top. Works like a charm

·
Registered
222 Posts
Most hardware stores have thread checkers. Just take your bolt in and use that to figure out what you have.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Drilled out the streched out threads and used the U-bolts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts