Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Lets see a photo of the dash please. I can't remember any yellow switch other than the one that toggles through the display modes. I think turf mode is handled through the AWD switch on the throttle housing.
Ah, you know what. The switch is black. I'm at work, so I forget.

The switch by the throttle is 2wd to AWD.

But this is what I was referring to (not my pic):

On mine the picture is blank. Must be worn out. Its just a blank switch. But this pic shows it as a light. So I guess that's what its for.

·
9,185 Posts
Yeah, lets see a pic. There is no turf mode on that machine.
A yellow switch is NOT an OEM item. It would probably be a light if a simple on/off switch. Either on the front or work light in rear. Or heated grips if its a three way switch... One direction will be high and the other way low. In the center would be off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
ah ha

The yellow switch on the right is the 2wd/AWD.

Switch on the left is to toggle the dash info.

That black switch is the work light in the rear. That's what I wasn't sure of. I gotcha. I noticed those lights were on the other day. I thought they were on because it was in Park or something. Makes total sense then. The PO told me it was for turf mode. Guess he was wrong.

·
9,185 Posts
The yellow button on the left you toggle through the display is actually the Reverse override button. When in reverse you have no AWD and no full power UNLESS you press the reverse override button. Its a safety feature to keep you from killing yourself.

·
Premium Member
3,824 Posts
Yep, what he said. Just for information you can go to Polaris and get an owners manual for free. Download from their website so it's electronic, but it might be worth it for you. I always wish I knew about it when I got my first Polaris.

·
9,185 Posts
Yep, what he said. Just for information you can go to Polaris and get an owners manual for free. Download from their website so it's electronic, but it might be worth it for you. I always wish I knew about it when I got my first Polaris.
Yeah, I already got him a OM Stave.

·
Premium Member
3,824 Posts
oops, must have missed that part, sorry.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts