Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polaris XP1000HE
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to install the Three Headlight Mod Kit.

I've been reading up on them and noticed they are a couple form different ways and different kits available. Which is the best kit to buy and install?
Has anyone had problems after installing them? Would like to hear from some of your experiences here. And were to purchase the Three Headlight Kit Mod.

Thanks!

·
Registered
361 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Doesn't the 2013 550 X2 already have the 3 headlight setup? My wife's 2012 550 XP EPS has it. Looking at ads for the 2013's they mention the three light high beam and 2 light low beam.

·
Registered
2021 Polaris XP1000HE
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doesn't the 2013 550 X2 already have the 3 headlight setup? My wife's 2012 550 XP EPS has it. Looking at ads for the 2013's they mention the three light high beam and 2 light low beam.
Well you just saved the day, your so right. I never really checked it out.
I assumed from reading other posts about this Mod, that most Polaris Machines didn't have that. Sorry about that, what a dumb dumb I am...........lol

SickPupSean, thanks for the help anyways!

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
It is probably a moot issue now but I remember years ago when I got my '04 there were stories of burned switches or wires that weren't up to driving all three lights at once.

·
Registered
479 Posts
MY 850 XP uses all three headlight on high beam but the 800 Value line I have doesn't I assume that the kits you see on ebay are for the regular sportsman only.

·
Registered
361 Posts
If you used the supplied wire taps the connection is bad. You should use waterproof butt connectors. Mine is perfect 900 miles later.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
MY 850 XP uses all three headlight on high beam but the 800 Value line I have doesn't I assume that the kits you see on ebay are for the regular sportsman only.
Exactly. XP line is standard but the value line is not and therefore need the mod to have all three.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought this mod
Polaris Sportsman 3way High Low Beam Headlight Bulb Mod | eBay
Easy to install and still works great 800 miles later!

Any questions let me know.
Thanks to you posting this. I just bought 2 of them. With this being said. All I have to do is wire this into the headlight wiring correct? How hard was the install. it's gonna be a few months before I can get to it. Just wanted to get ideal on what's involved in the install. Thanx.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I think I will finally have to do this on my 700 after all these years and seeing it in use on my 550.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The install isn't hard at all. Pull the headlight pod apart then look at the headlight switch and trace the harness to the pod. Cut open the wire loom and cut the wires (pretty sure its a green and a yellow wire the instructions tell you which wires they are). Then use waterproof butt connectors to reconnect the wiring and tape the connections with a good electical tape. Don't use the red splice connectors that are supplied in the kit. Use butt connectors.
Any questions during your install let me know
Sean

·
Registered
1,420 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I picked up a 6 dollar 5 pin relay and hooked mine up. You can use a 4 pin because the 87a pin on the 5 pin ain't used. I cut the green wire and spliced them together with the connectors that slide on the pins on the relay. Did the same on the yellow wire. I'll look back and see which wires goes to which pins. Also cut the orange and brown wire from the cigarette lighter port and plugged up on the 2 existing pins on the relay. Oh and this is on my 2010 Sportsman 500.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts