Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2015 sportsman 570 giving me problems. only about 200 miles of desert/street riding in las vegas. one thing i checked is the throttle play/etc. i don't think it is my main problem but when i opened the top, the contacts were together, so i "tightened" up the slack adjuster on the cable, essentially pulling the cabletowards the throttle body but the contacts still won't open up,,,, i am wondering if the switch is bad, the little spring looks fine, there is a plastic thing that moves with one of the contacts on the part of the assemblly that goes up against the wall of the housing. anyone else had this problem. the reason i don't think it is my problem is that i put a zip tie in between the contacts and it did the same thing. it is running like crap (starts up, idles rough, coughs sputters backfires, then dies within about 20 seconds. the only thing i haven't really checked out thoroughly is the fuel pump pressure, i know it is pumping, just don't know the pressure

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i have a 2015 sportsman 570 giving me problems. only about 200 miles of desert/street riding in las vegas. one thing i checked is the throttle play/etc. i don't think it is my main problem but when i opened the top, the contacts were together, so i "tightened" up the slack adjuster on the cable, essentially pulling the cabletowards the throttle body but the contacts still won't open up,,,, i am wondering if the switch is bad, the little spring looks fine, there is a plastic thing that moves with one of the contacts on the part of the assemblly that goes up against the wall of the housing. anyone else had this problem. the reason i don't think it is my problem is that i put a zip tie in between the contacts and it did the same thing. it is running like crap (starts up, idles rough, coughs sputters backfires, then dies within about 20 seconds. the only thing i haven't really checked out thoroughly is the fuel pump pressure, i know it is pumping, just don't know the pressure

i should give back history, this was my back up atv and it always started and worked fine till this last fall when it just died on me on a long ride, after sputtering and . threw error code 520 194 7

just starting to figure out what is wrong, might start a new thread for that error code but the contacts i don't think are the problem since i disabled them

1 - 2 of 2 Posts