Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to know what that switch inside the throttle housing is and how to adjust it and cable. I found the cable adjuster and the adjustable idle on carb. is there a adjustment on that switch and whats in side that box that on the carb. where the idle speed adjuster is. Thanks in advance for and help anyone can give.

O it might help if I said what it is. 1997 Polaris magnum 325

I need a manual looking on line NOW!

·
Registered
20 Posts
hiya!

the switch is called the etc or electric throttle control. its designed to bog down your engine and save your butt if your throttle sticks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You. That makes sense now. It would idle great if my thumb was on the lever. As soon as I let off it would start to run bad and shut off. Thanks again

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Adjust so there is about 1/8 of an inch of slack at thumb throttle, if idle needs adjusted do that on the carb.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had to take the cap off of mine and mess with that little tab that is supposed to push the button in. after I got it right I adjusted my throttle cable tight to have a good tension on it and it was good to go. now im just having issues with low idle and cant give it gas. think its a clogged jet. bout to tinker with it now. wish me luck. if you need any more info feel free to ask :) merry Christmas folks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts