Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Is the throttle cable stuck in the jacket itself? I guess what I'm asking is, have you totally isolated the cable fron all attachments (throttle housing, throttle body) to make sure something else isn't binding/stuck? If you have it isolated, maybe spray some cleaner in the jacket and then lube to see if you can work it free. If not, just replace the whole cable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the throttle cable stuck in the jacket itself? I guess what I'm asking is, have you totally isolated the cable fron all attachments (throttle housing, throttle body) to make sure something else isn't binding/stuck? If you have it isolated, maybe spray some cleaner in the jacket and then lube to see if you can work it free. If not, just replace the whole cable.
I have it free on both ends. Neither end moves at all. How hard are they to replace? Best place to get them?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I haven't replaced one on a 500 but it shouldn't be any different. Just follow the original routing when installing. Then adjust to factory spec. They can be had thru the dealer or a place like Rocky Mountain ATV

1 - 5 of 5 Posts