Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any advice on getting the throttle cable disconnected from the carb on a 2002 Sportsman 400? It looks like you undo the nut at the base, but I can't get in there with any wrench I have.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never mind, it wasn't the throttle cable. I meant the choke cable, and it just took a little working by hand after getting cracked loose with a needle nose pliers. Now I am wondering how the float assemblies come off. It seems there is a pin holding them on but I can't get it to budge. I don't want to break anything either. Is there a certain way or trick to getting this out? I need to get the the needle jets under there.

·
Registered
527 Posts
The only thing I use is a spring loaded center punch tool this will remove the float pin with out causing any damage to the carb. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
1 Posts
choke cable

any hints on removing choke cable on a 06 330 magnum / works fine but wont stay out and the knob under rubber boot will not tighen to hold choke in position. will i have to remove carb to install new cable??? thanks mechanic52

·
Registered
79 Posts
M52, did you get that cable off? I have a 04 sportsman 700 that the cable is hard to pull and it too will not stay out. just wondering if you put some graphite on it or what to loosen up?
thanks.
hump.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dirty Dawg---the spring loaded center punch to remove the float pin worked awesome…also used it to reassemble. Thanks a lot!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts