Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on a good throttle extender to fit the 2014 Polaris Sportsman 570? Went on a 52 mile ride today and come to find that the thumb throttle is just to short for my small hands and very uncomfortable after riding for a while, hand was completely numb after those 52 miles. I went on Amazon and looked at many different brands with many different prices but before ordering one I thought I would see if anyone recommends one. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
you could also try adjusting it. on my scrambler i like to leave mine a little loose, so i can adjust while riding. i noticed the throttle possition on the 570 makes my hand very cramped up.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Why don't they use twist throttles on quads, like they would on a dirt bike or motorcycle?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Why don't they use twist throttles on quads, like they would on a dirt bike or motorcycle?
some people like them, some don't.
If your riding rough trails they make it hard to control your throttle, If you go for a bounce its easier to let go of the flipper instead of risking twisting your throttle WFO..

·
Registered
483 Posts
some people like them, some don't.
If your riding rough trails they make it hard to control your throttle, If you go for a bounce its easier to let go of the flipper instead of risking twisting your throttle WFO..
True, but if you can have a twist throttle on an MX bike, I figure it could work on a quad...

Reactions: m3scott
1 - 8 of 8 Posts