Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin came over and was messing with the throttle, and now the first not respond. I see it moving but there is no response. Please help

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He was giving it full throttle just reving it up when it was cold, for no reason, now it starts but it just idles. No response from thumb

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Check to see that the carb slide or butterfly is opening with the throttle (depends on which style of carb you have). Will have to look through the airbox intake side of carb. Sounding like you may have bigger issues though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If the throttle cable broke the thumb throttle would not return to the rest position because the spring that returns the thumb throttle is in the carb attached to the slide so if the thumb throttle works as normal your slide and jet needle are going up and down.

Your reverse override button is probably malfunctioning. Check the button and the wiring for it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cable not broke, it goes back to position as it should. Not sure what override button is supposed to do, but I pressed it and nothing happened. I feel that there is a lot of slack in line. Going to try and adjust that today..

·
Registered
8 Posts
The spring goes where the red arrows are.

The wire the blue arrow is pointing at goes where the other blue arrow is.

Your missing a cover that screws on where the green circle is.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got it thanks!!! Are the 2 ends supposed to be touching or apart when idling? But now that I did all that I m still getting no throttle response. Cable is moving on carb but no response

·
Registered
8 Posts
You do know that that is the oil injection pump that you took a picture of right? Right above it in the pic is the carb. Take the Air filter box off and look inside the carb and hit the throttle.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is what the problem was!! I was looking in wrong spot, throttle cable justs came out of the throttle, I put it back and works great.... Thanks for all your help now if I can get my pull start to work I will all done

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just an update, cable still not working going to have to take to a dealer.... I can't wait to see how much that's going to cost...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts